AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #5,206 of 5,890
I have been looking at DAPs and DAC/Amps for the past few days 🤣 Really interested in the Xduoo X2s (recently released) at 60 USD, Fiio Btr3k/M3 Pro, Shanling UP4, or the Hidizs AP80/Pro if I can get a discount from them. E1DA would have also been good if not for the non-implementation of USB C.

Set my limit to 80 USD as I don't want to go down deeper in that rabbit hole as I don't see the "value" compared to IEMs/Earbuds 😉😜
You might be interested in the tempotec Sonata hd pro then. I wouldnt really recommend daps at this price range, since you get a worse amp than just an amp.

Apr 15, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #5,207 of 5,890
You might be interested in the tempotec Sonata hd pro then. I wouldnt really recommend daps at this price range, since you get a worse amp than just an amp.
Totally agree. Budget DAPs especially the ones under $100 are weaker than modern day smartphones. Ideally one should rather invest in a decent budget DAC/Amp like BTR5/Qudelix 5K for the equivalent cost.

Apr 15, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #5,208 of 5,890
Totally agree. Budget DAPs especially the ones under $100 are weaker than modern day smartphones. Ideally one should rather invest in a decent budget DAC/Amp like BTR5/Qudelix 5K for the equivalent cost.
I dont think thats true, they are most likely better than the regular smartphone but exceptions like LG (rip) exists.

Apr 15, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #5,209 of 5,890
Really can't get myself to dongles. However...

This is the reason why I had my eyes on the Xduoo X2s:

https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...s-dsd128-pcm-128gb-oled-portable-music-player

1618491212033.png

DSD128 Native playback Direct decoding-Maximum support for DSD128 lossless format music playback, the signal is directly decoded inside the CPU,and the DOP link is removed, which greatly reduces the loss of sound quality and realizes true native music playback

Mastering sound quality 4K picture quality music experience-Maximum support for PCM 24Bit/192Khz, the professional audio chip is only to restore the music signal to a high degree, like a 4K HD picture compared to a 720p picture, which is more clear and complete. Enjoy the extraordinary experience brought by real tones, Feel the real sound of master quality

Support a variety of music formats-The player supports the common DFF. DSF. DSD. APE.FLAC. ALAC. WAV. AIFF、 ACC. MP3. WMA formats, Maximum support PCM 24Bi/192K,DSD128 HD lossless music.

EQ Adjustment-6 band dynamic adjustment with a gain control range of +/-12dB, llowing you to fine-une each music frequency band, aleviating the lack of earphone frequency response, and making music more suitable for your listening preferences.

Accommodate massive Non-destructive resources-Supports up to 128G TF/Micro SD card, It can store more than 3,000 WAV or 6,000 FLACIAPE lossless songs, calculated as 4 minutes for a single song, 24.000 minutes without repeating any, enjoy the wonderful feeling of music.

Power Supply: Built-in 3.7V/800mAH battery
Charging Specification: 5V/1A
Card Support: support up to 128G TF/Micro SD card
Output Power: 250mW (32Ω load)
Support Format:
DSD: DSD64-DSD128 (DFF, DSF)
APE: 16-24bit/44.1-96khz
FLAC: 16-24bit/44.1-192khz
WAV: 16- 24bit/44.1-192khz
AIFF: 16-24bit/44.1-192khz
WMA,MP3,AAC, OGG
Frequency Response: 20Hz~ 20KHz(土0.5dB)
Gain: +6dB
THD+N: 0.003% (1KHz)
S/N: 108dB
Adaptation headphone impedance: 16Ω~300Ω
Battery Life:> 10H
Charging time: <2H
Size: 6.3*4.0*1.5cm
Weight: 50g

Apr 15, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #5,210 of 5,890
I have been looking at DAPs and DAC/Amps for the past few days 🤣 Really interested in the Xduoo X2s (recently released) at 60 USD, Fiio Btr3k/M3 Pro, Shanling UP4, or the Hidizs AP80/Pro if I can get a discount from them. E1DA would have also been good if not for the non-implementation of USB C.

Set my limit to 80 USD as I don't want to go down deeper in that rabbit hole as I don't see the "value" compared to IEMs/Earbuds 😉😜
You can try Walnut F2 as a pure DAC Amp under $30. Arguably the best one under $50 if you use 3.5mm jack output. And, it also can be used as a DAP although I never use it as one

For USB-C/Lightening, try Fiio BTR5/Qudelix 5K both are approximately for $100-120 but you will be sorted for at least 2-3 years in terms of tech and specs.

Apr 15, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #5,211 of 5,890
Apr 15, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #5,212 of 5,890
I dont think thats true, they are most likely better than the regular smartphone but exceptions like LG (rip) exists.
I'd like to correct myself, mid-range smartphones, i.e. over $250. Qualcomm's existing DAC from Snapdragon 6xx series is more powerful than ones shared in DAPs under $100-150. Samsung, Asus, Sony, LG (RIP), Vivo and Xiaomi do a decent job with the stock DAC. Asus and Samsung use software enhancements like DTS and Dolby whereas Sony and LG prefer to bulk up their hardware with optimal software. iPhone on their own have a very capable DAC which can easily compete with even some mid-range DAPs.

Also, Android gives one liberty to tweak them via rooting and modding. A modded basic Redmi smartphone sounds better than quite a bunch of budget DAPs. Precisely why some brands are shooing away from the segment altogether.

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #5,213 of 5,890
I'd like to correct myself, mid-range smartphones, i.e. over $250. Qualcomm's existing DAC from Snapdragon 6xx series is more powerful than ones shared in DAPs under $100-150. Samsung, Asus, Sony, LG (RIP), Vivo and Xiaomi do a decent job with the stock DAC. Asus and Samsung use software enhancements like DTS and Dolby whereas Sony and LG prefer to bulk up their hardware with optimal software. iPhone on their own have a very capable DAC which can easily compete with even some mid-range DAPs.

Also, Android gives one liberty to tweak them via rooting and modding. A modded basic Redmi smartphone sounds better than quite a bunch of budget DAPs. Precisely why some brands are shooing away from the segment altogether.
Its not the dac thats important here. But the amp, thats where all these phones are bad at.

1618491826093.png

1618491896961.png

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #5,214 of 5,890
Its not the dac thats important here. But the amp, thats where all these phones are bad at.

1618491826093.png
1618491896961.png
Yeah. I get the point and to solve for that it's feasible for most consumers to simply buy an amp instead of a DAP. DAP in current times is just redundant.

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #5,215 of 5,890
Yeah. I get the point and to solve for that it's feasible for most consumers to simply buy an amp instead of a DAP. DAP in current times is just redundant.
I thought the same myself and then I got a DAP with streaming capability and tons of power (Hiby R5) and changed my mind :wink:

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #5,216 of 5,890
I thought the same myself and then I got a DAP with streaming capability and tons of power (Hiby R5) and changed my mind :wink:
Thats a mid tier dap though. For the sub 100 usd range, daps dont compete with the other source types I believe.

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #5,217 of 5,890

YMMV, but bringing a smartphone around with a stacked amp is quite inconvenient (not to mention you might be stopped by security checks haha). But the smartphone can also be limited by battery life and memory (especially if you have lots of lossless files), so that's where a DAP may come in handy, though it involves bringing 2 devices out on the go.

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #5,218 of 5,890
Apr 15, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #5,219 of 5,890
YMMV, but bringing a smartphone around with a stacked amp is quite inconvenient (not to mention you might be stopped by security checks haha). But the smartphone can also be limited by battery life and memory (especially if you have lots of lossless files), so that's where a DAP may come in handy, though it involves bringing 2 devices out on the go.
Totally. It's different strokes for different folks. A BTR5 or something similar does help in navigating the stacked amp scenario. Anyways, one has to carry two devices while traveling and it all boils down to the user's preference and convenience.

All in all, it is about what one prefers to use OTG. If one is comfortable using a boombox while traveling, more power to them!

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #5,220 of 5,890
Totally. It's different strokes for different folks. A BTR5 or something similar does help in navigating the stacked amp scenario. Anyways, one has to carry two devices while traveling and it all boils down to the user's preference and convenience.

All in all, it is about what one prefers to use OTG. If one is comfortable using a boombox while traveling, more power to them!
This small device can help you a lot when you are on the go

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...Player+Steering+Wheel+Remote+Control&_sacat=0

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08SC73...us000-pcomp-feature-rscomp-wm-5&ref=aa_rscomp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back