AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #571 of 5,890
From this review, it seems that the T180 is much better tuned than the shure E3C which uses the same driver, should be a great deal for the price.

He really say that it's the same driver as E3C? Translation says, "I remember that I started Shure's E3C 14 years ago." I don't see any statement about being the same driver. If it's E3C driver, it's probably not possible to be up to par with ER4.

I wasn't aware of that T180 is that low price and it's the lowest priced single BA driver based iem (at least according to the author of the article). Looking at the design and all, visual quality at least looks on par with Shure iems, doesn't look cheap.

Shure e3c used BK-28562.

T180 uses RAF-32873.

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #572 of 5,890
No, sorry I misread, he said both use a single BA design, but the T180 sound better, less like knocking on steele than the shure E3C.
I got to say though, it's a blatent rip-off of Shure iems, including the look of the tips. Let's hope at least they tuned it better than a single BA Shure. They also have a blue-tooth version.

https://post.smzdm.com/p/a3e69o77/

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #573 of 5,890
I think the official numbers may be wrong, because they are very easy to drive, actually they are probably require about the same level as the DM6. I think I said in my impressions that one of the best things about the T800 is that it is still very clear at lower volume, so don't worry about the amping, you should even be able to drive them with your phone.
Edit: just confirmed with my oneplus 6t, the T800 can reach a very good listenable level at about half the volume.

will iphone be able to drive?

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #575 of 5,890
I just looked at the their Facebook page, and their presentations looks very professional, and they just came out of nowhere (edit: if you scroll down, looks like they've been around)?! https://www.facebook.com/audiosenseheadphones/

Their T180 response graph is posted as well, but I don't like it when they present measurements like this. I need to be able to make-out the scales better.

54236831_1431274333673671_7656076288007864320_o.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #577 of 5,890
I got to say though, it's a blatent rip-off of Shure iems, including the look of the tips. Let's hope at least they tuned it better than a single BA Shure. They also have a blue-tooth version.

https://post.smzdm.com/p/a3e69o77/
Shure or westone, I read some Chinese customer reviews comparing these to the UM1s, should be pretty interesting.

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #578 of 5,890
People speaking about how these are to drive, my ex1000 takes about 10 points volume more than the t800 balanced out of my zx300. I still have not tried them out of my v20 but will tonight or tomorrow and report back.

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #579 of 5,890
I just got a chance to briefly listen to the M7, and it is definitely more neutral than the T800, not a surprise given that these are made for professional use. The bass on the M7 has less impact than the T800 but is very well textured and fast. The treble is less bright than the T800, the fact that sony managed to tame the treble without losing details is impressive (edit: after more listening, the M7 is also pretty bright, but with a bit less treble extention). The mids of the M7 is a bit more forward than the T800, but both are clear and quite neutral. Resolution and imaging are about the same. the T800 has a wider soundstage but the M7 has more depth and layers, so it gave me a better sense of space. The M7 is harder to drive than the T800, but they are sooooo incredibly comfortable, I almost forgot I was wearing them after a while. So far I would say the M7 is great for relaxed listening with no lack of details, but perhaps the T800 is a bit more fun. It is a very hard choice, but given the M7 is twice the cost, I will probably stick with the T800, but if you have the M7 already, I don't thnk you will need the T800.

Thanks for your input, yeah exactly what you've describe about M7 here, all the coherence between, very balance, the Bass that very well texture and perfectly fast, sounds like DD bass (almost same quality with my EX1000 but without that moving air feeling), once again you're correct about that magic sony did, treble details that very very details but very tamed at the same time, never fatigue even over my comfort volume level, forward mids, very musical, and that main advantage about depth and layer, best i ever heard in an IEM.
Thank you once again, i guess i dont need the T800 BUTTT stillll i curious and want to hear.. and the only way is i need to buy them bacause nobody owns that around me.

Cool review my man. Im interested in the T800 but I am a Sony fanboy hardcore. the IER m7 and m9 are on my get next list but this T800 popped up thanks to BadGuy.

you will fall in love with M7 / M9 and put back your A8, Z5, EX800 in your drawer. LOL

Yeah, I am very curious about the M9 as well, almost every review I read say that these are a clear upgrade to the M7, especially in terms of treble and resolution, but to me the M7 is already very resolving with sparkly highs, so I would love to sample the M9 to see what that's all about.

actually M9 wins more with additional super tweeter, but a lot user experience sssss.. for me i prefer polite yet still very detail M7, but yes bass on M9 is more impactfull, so if you A-B comparing of course M7 sounds more balance than perceive as dull and not fun. But if you listen by the time, the coherence between all frequency that really grows, really put you into another world, at least for me, that imaging imaging, layers, and space. they're using same BAs, similar tuning and similar material inside (magnesium alloy). but additional super tweeter and magnesium body of M9 made them almost twice the price which i really hesitate to spend on them. I boost the bass just 2db and 16khz by 1db and i think im going to stick with M7 for a loongg time, or this is my endgame, or same other head-fi promises (which are hard to keep for us headfiers).

But again yes, if budget also into consideration, T800 hold that much value. Keep watching audiosense in my radar of course!

Jul 19, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #581 of 5,890
I have read a lot of Audiosense T800 impressions and reviews. Now I am very interested and excited to give these a try.

They have everything that suits my audio preferences. e.g. V or U shape tuning, bright sound signature, BA bass, excellent clarity (this is the most important thing for me as my daily drivers are Sony IER-M9), wide soundstage, and so on

I have never been sensitive to treble. I love to hear treble though. I think I should be coming back to bright earphones. I love the warm Sony M9 but they sound good like I am in the heaven only if I pair them balanced with the Hi-end Cayin N6ii or even higher to keep that warm sound enjoyable for me.

Once I had a chance to demo the bright FiiO FH7 but the clarity was not good enough for me and I hated that DD bass. The T800 sounds very very very promising for me. It sounds like I can sell my M9 and enjoy that "hi-end audio for a little of money" without buying an expensive DAP too.

Tomorrow I will go to the audio store to demo the T800.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #582 of 5,890
I have read a lot of Audiosense T800 impressions and reviews. Now I am very interested and excited to give these a try.

They have everything that suits my audio preferences. e.g. V or U shape tuning, bright sound signature, BA bass, excellent clarity (this is the most important for me as my daily drivers are Sony IER-M9), wide soundstage, and so on

I have never been sensitive to treble. I love to hear treble though. I think I should be coming back to bright earphones. I love the warm Sony M9 but they sound good like I am in the heaven only if I pair them balanced with the Hi-end Cayin N6ii or even higher to keep that warm sound enjoyable for me.

Once I had a chance to demo the bright FiiO FH7 but the clarity was not good enough for me and I hated that DD bass. The T800 sounds very very very promising for me. It sounds like I can sell my M9 and enjoy that "hi-end audio for a little of money" without buying an expensive DAP too.

Tomorrow I will go to the audio store to demo the T800.

Welcome to the club haha. The T800 is excellent for a mid range CHIFI product, but whether it can topple TOTL IEMs like the M9, that's another story.
Would love to hear your comparisons between the M9 and the T800.
I didn't know there were physical stores that carried the T800. I was under the impression it was only sold on Aliexpress and Taobao.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #583 of 5,890
Still no one from this forum who owns audiosense t180 and kz/tin hifi/****/bqeyz to compare?

Jul 19, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #584 of 5,890
Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the T800.
But, now I am a bit worried I won't like the signature that much...

I am a huge fan of a fairly even/neutral mid range (between 400hz to 800hz).
But I also like some slightly boosted lows to sub bass (from 80Hz on down).
I also like boosted treble but I really don't like anything boosted around 2k and 3k

So, I'm starting to worry that the T800 will be more "fun" tuning with a 2/3k boost.

Here is a graph (Toneking T4) that I modified in order to match my ideal signature...
I LOVE my T4 but I needed to boost the bass from 50Hz on down in order to make it perfect to me.

Anyway, can some of the T800 owners on here, please let me know if my "Ideal Signature" at least comes close to the T800's signature?
Modified Toneking T4.jpg

I'm kind of freaking out and having some "post consumer stress" so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back