AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today
Mar 1, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #256 of 957
I have a quick question to Mr.Gray tho... After CES 2015, did you guys do some sonic changes on the headphones? I made the comment that the headphone is slightly lacking treble. I wonder if there has been any adjustments.

Lacking treble like the HD650? If so, I call that perfect treble. Personally, I'm hoping the Nighthawk isn't shaped after a love affair with the HD800. But that's just me.

Mar 12, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #258 of 957
  What has happened to the Nighthawk? Is it stillborn?

From talking to Joe Harley, it appears that to Audioquest's surprise, the initial run of Nighthawks sold out rather faster than they thought. Thus the delay for the general public. So the next run is scheduled for April. Can't wait, really looking forward to these.

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #259 of 957

Initial run? What initial run?

Mar 12, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #261 of 957

From talking to Joe Harley, it appears that to Audioquest's surprise, the initial run of Nighthawks sold out rather faster than they thought. Thus the delay for the general public. So the next run is scheduled for April. Can't wait, really looking forward to these.

Maybe I can clarify. We have not completed our initial production run yet. But I think what Joe Harley meant to convey was that NightHawk's demand turned out to be much larger than expected. This presents new supply chain challenges which is partly why NightHawk isn't for sale to customers quite yet.

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #262 of 957
Maybe I can clarify. We have not completed our initial production run yet. But I think what Joe Harley meant to convey was that NightHawk's demand turned out to be much larger than expected. This presents new supply chain challenges which is partly why NightHawk isn't for sale to customers quite yet.

Thanks Skylar. I'm sure that's what Joe meant and I misheard. Just got the idea Audioquest found demand for the Nighthawks to be far and away higher than anticipated.

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #263 of 957
No CanJam for me :confused_face: just too far and too late.

I want a pair of nighthawk so badly! :tongue_smile:

When are they going to release them to the general public? What's the best place to order those gorgeous phones?

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #264 of 957

I have a quick question to Mr.Gray tho... After CES 2015, did you guys do some sonic changes on the headphones? I made the comment that the headphone is slightly lacking treble. I wonder if there has been any adjustments.

Lacking treble like the HD650? If so, I call that perfect treble. Personally, I'm hoping the Nighthawk isn't shaped after a love affair with the HD800. But that's just me.

Well, tbh my impression was it was even darker than HD650 in CES. My opinion may change during CanJam, but I do feel the headphones sounded slightly too dark, even for my taste (and I tend to like dark-sound headphones such as PM-1 and stuffs)

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #265 of 957
Perfect! I'm looking or a dark headphone. When will they be ready?

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #266 of 957
They honestly sounded like dynamic drivers that were pretending to be planar drivers. I felt the overall distortion was very low and they had a nice sound that was balanced. I need more listening time but I was impressed off of the first listen

oh yeah, would have loved to hear the Nighthawk + Vinni Rossi's AMP/DAC thing that delivered some HUGE bass out of the HD650. It almost didn't sound like an HD650 anymore. HE-560 was nice on his setup too but I preferred Bill P's modified HE-560 which wasn't as strident in the highs and more linear

another takeaway I had was that the Audeze LCD-XC was one of the most overrated headphones I have ever heard.. the LCD-3 and LCD-2F are way better I don't care what some people that payed too much say

BTW song I heard was Otis Redding "The Dock of the Bay." A classic song with well recorded vocals and I didn't hear anything at all that I didn't like about the Nighthawk especially at $599 that is a come up. Another important thing to note is that I recall Skylar mentioning he didn't want them to give off really any tonal characteristic but rather be a window into the music. Well they are very neutral in an enjoyable way much so like the HD650 but a lot better in my opinion.

Mar 29, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #267 of 957
biggrin.gif
it looks so good!!
and it isn't expensive ,i would like to try it!!

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #268 of 957
Maybe it only comes out at night when we are all sleeping?

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #270 of 957
http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php/shows-events/salon-son-image-2015-montreal-canada/180-salon-son-image-2015-features/562-the-nighthawk-experience

'So yeah, it's been a while since I've used headphones other than for occasional listening while I work. I need to investigate a good set of cans. Apparently AudioQuest will be bringing out a full line of headphones, with some at prices more approachable than $699 CAD, which, as of this writing, is just a little out of reach for me.'

From the article. Just something to keep in memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back