Audiophiles in Dubai?
Mar 10, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #1,186 of 1,748
this website has alot of interesting headphones on paper but is there a way to actually know which ones are high quality rather than cheap knockoffs?

while were at it could you give me some suggestions on wireless ones from that site if youve had experience with any

oh and as for the meetup ill try my best id love to get to know you guys and learn more about hq audio but its midterms week :/

Well, that's always tricky to find the needle in the haystack, that's why meet ups are so great, you can experience so much without having to buy them :wink: and you can benefit form the experiences of others.

The ones I have linked, I have heard - they seem good quality to me. But for headphones that are $30 even though they have warranty - sending them back to China is most likely not worth it. In that case you rather buy local.

samma3a.com is based in Dubai and you can actually visit their office if you want to, most of their things they sell they have demo units of. They also attend our meet ups, the founders are audiophiles who were frustrated by the choices available to them in the local market so they started that company. Really great guys and friends.

Wireless ones I have experience with:
PEndulumic Stance +
V-Moda Crossfade Wireless
Jaybird BlueBirds (I think that's the name)
MEE Audio X7 Plus

The value for money of the MEE Audio ones is off the charts. Great sound, great battery live and I really like their sound. they punch way above their price.

Cheers.

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #1,187 of 1,748
Hello guys can someone tell me  ifi iDsd or chord Mojo dac sounds best with LCD2 ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #1,188 of 1,748
  Hello guys can someone tell me  ifi iDsd or chord Mojo dac sounds best with LCD2 ?
smily_headphones1.gif

ifi iDSD micro sounds better in this particular case (to me) as the LCD2 really loves more power. The bottom end shows much more with the micro. Unlike with other, not so power hungry, cans.

Cheers!

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #1,189 of 1,748

ifi iDSD micro sounds better in this particular case (to me) as the LCD2 really loves more power. The bottom end shows much more with the micro. Unlike with other, not so power hungry, cans.

Cheers!

Thankyou for the info. I will get the ifi micro then. 
dt880smile.png

Cheers!

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #1,190 of 1,748
The MOJO has officially arrived in Dubai (and the whole UAE). I have just received an email from 

www.dubaiaudio.com

They are now stocking Chord products and have some attractive introductory offers. If you are in the Middle East, go and grab one FAST:

Chord MOJO:
Special introductory offer valid only in March!

To avail, call them or write an email or better just pay them a visit.

I am finally getting one eventually :wink:

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up on this. I couldn't pass it up after a demo.

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #1,191 of 1,748
this website has alot of interesting headphones on paper but is there a way to actually know which ones are high quality rather than cheap knockoffs?:/

If the price is too good to be true, then it isn't true. I can't access the site from my phone, but the "IE800" is a fake. I have so say I'm a little surprised to see people on here recommending to newbies to buy a fake pair of headphones made in China. As other have said the best value is to pick up something on massdrop of try and buy some thing second hand. Don't buy from a knock off manufacturer from China.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #1,192 of 1,748
If the price is too good to be true, then it isn't true. I can't access the site from my phone, but the "IE800" is a fake. I have so say I'm a little surprised to see people on here recommending to newbies to buy a fake pair of headphones made in China. As other have said the best value is to pick up something on massdrop of try and buy some thing second hand. Don't buy from a knock off manufacturer from China.

Fair enough for the not so smartly named **** IE800v2, though calling it a fake is being too kind to the chinese manufacturer as it's very obviously not a Sennheiser, so it didn't even occur to me someone could mix them up (different though similar shape, metal, not ceramic, removable cable that is not black, balanced armature and dynamic driver vs only dynamic at the original, only ****  name/logo on the housing, etc.). I removed them though from my recommendation to be on the safe side. 

Some of the so called DIY in-ears from China sound really competitive. As long as they are not infringing patents or any intellectual property rights, I think some of them are a viable option if you are on a budget. The LZ and MusicMaker headphones are no cheap knock offs but very decent quality - they have their own threads on head-fi and plenty of happy users. The two shops that are selling them (Easy and HCK) have also really good customer support, these are no knock offs but original designs. 

But I see where you are coming from, LOL, Sennheiser has a grab bag offer currently on massdrop - seems to be a good deal. I have a few Sennheiser in-ears and recommended the CX-300 II a few times with great success.

Here is the Sennheiser grab bag:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-blue-box-sennheiser-exclusive-grab-bag

or if you prefer to know what you will be getting the Beyerdynamic DX 120 iE is also pretty nice:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/beyerdynamic-dx-120-ie-earphones

Hope to see you at the next meet up - would be great to see someone from Sennheiser there.

Cheers,
Ralf

Mar 19, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #1,193 of 1,748
Hi guys, 

Sorry for crashing the thread like this, I have some stuff for sale or exchange. I know I have to be posting these in Buy / Sell page but Im not willing to ship them internationally, so here goes,

1. Cayin c5 headphoe amp. - I got this after the first meetup we had. I payed close to 800 with shipping. letting go for 500. 

2. Shure SE535 - bought from virgin megastore for 1599 close to a year ago. letting go for 1000 or the best offer. I have the box and pouch along with all other stuff that comes with it. 

Im selling these to buy a proper home theater system. So if any of you guys are interested please PM me. 

PS- if Im interrupting the thread in anyway mods please delete the post :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #1,195 of 1,748
I'm willing to trade or sell my Roxanne in very good condition .

I bought flare r2 pro and I think it sound more natural .
Still Roxanne sound bigger ,more 3d imaging and better in bass slam.
But I prefer very accurate sound and that's it .

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #1,196 of 1,748
  I'm willing to trade or sell my Roxanne in very good condition .

I bought flare r2 pro and I think it sound more natural .
Still Roxanne sound bigger ,more 3d imaging and better in bass slam.
But I prefer very accurate sound and that's it .

How much?

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #1,198 of 1,748

It's happening:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/800326/3rd-dubai-middle-eastern-headphone-meet-15th-april-2016

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #1,199 of 1,748
Guys, I'm in Dubai till tomorrow, and want to visit some good audiophile shops today. Any recommendations? I was planning on checking out Audissey at the Wafi mall, but their website is defunct so I can't tell if they still exist. I have a very small window, being today only, so I'd appreciate any quick recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #1,200 of 1,748
  Guys, I'm in Dubai till tomorrow, and want to visit some good audiophile shops today. Any recommendations? I was planning on checking out Audissey at the Wafi mall, but their website is defunct so I can't tell if they still exist. I have a very small window, being today only, so I'd appreciate any quick recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Dubai Audio is the best audiophile shop here. I think Audissey closed down.

http://dubaiaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back