Audiophile Reactions to Non-Audiophile Headphones
Jan 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

FatmanSize48

1000+ Head-Fier
I couldn't help but notice how awfully derailed the "Non-Audiophile Reactions to High-End Headphones" has become, so consider posting your impressions of non-audiophile cans here rather than there.

:)

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 4
Positive reactions would be nice too
popcorn.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Beats and Skullcandy! They sounded so awful

Some of the skullcandy's are awful. I got a pair of big furry ear padded ones for my wife and they sounded worse than pack in sony walkman throw aways.

However, my entry into the audiophile journey were a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd. They were exceptionally transparent for the price and blew the doors off my much more expensive Sony in ear's. They needed some EQ to really shine but were an exceptional value at the time. I made the mistake of thinking the Full Metal and other in ears by Skullcandy must be better because of their price, and they sit in a drawer un-used now. The Ink'd were a happy accident.

Even before I owned any good cans, I was in shock that people would use the pack in Iphone and Ipod headphones. Those little earbud phones always sounded like crap to me, no bass at all, they were all midrange and coloration. I couldn't stand them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back