audiophile pets?
May 22, 2004 at 7:57 AM Post #16 of 20
All I can say is that my dog leaves the room when ever I play any black metal.
icon10.gif

May 22, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #17 of 20
my yellow lab seems to like it when i play music loud. i think she sees that when i play music, i'm happy and she senses that, which then triggers running around the house as fast as she can, jumping up to me wanting me to hold her front paws, and barking. either that or she just thinks i'm very wierd and odd when the music is turned up and therefore starts filpping out. but i don't think so. i know when my dog is happy, depressed, sad, and scared. the way she acts around any music defintely points to all the signs that says she's very happy. hell, she even watches animal planet with me and seems to enjoy it, sparking her interest when seeing various animals on the screen that she has never encountered. you know, when the ears pop up and they become totally still wanting to take in everything from all senses.
biggrin.gif

one of the great ways to pick-up on women is to go to the park with your dog. it is a nice advantage to know that most women love a guy that not only has a pet of some kind, but is very close to that pet. chicks especially dig cute dogs. and for obvious reasons, puppy's work the best. works everytime and serves to somewhat break the ice when starting a conversation.
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2004 at 8:19 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
All I can say is that my dog leaves the room when ever I play any black metal.
biggrin.gif

My dogs seemed to tolerate many types of music, but used to give me strained looks when I played anything with extended guitar solos. I guess their ears were just more sensitive to the types of frequencies that squealing guitars produce. So, I had to refrain from listening to most heavy metal and hard rock in the truck (the only enclosed space they were allowed to be inside, other than the shed that they lived in and the veterinarian's office).

That worked in my favour, too, however. Since I wasn't listening to as much metal and rock, I began listening to a lot more classical and jazz. The dogs liked it, I liked it -- we all win.
smily_headphones1.gif

D.

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #19 of 20
Bruno

Attachments

• E355FC15-A86D-440B-98C8-B28503D0CC4E.jpeg
    E355FC15-A86D-440B-98C8-B28503D0CC4E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back