Audiophile blackberry headset ?
Apr 11, 2010 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Folex

Member of the Trade: PLAudio
I use my blackberry 8830 all the time to listen to music and make phonecalls. Does a such thing exist as an audiophile grade headset for my phone ? I know I could do 1 or the other but I would love to have both a mic and a IEM/earbud all in 1.

Apr 11, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 9
your Blackberry 8830 should only have a 2.5mm headset input, so you will need to pick up an appropriate adapter (see this off-site thread for recommendations). once you have that, any of the iphone headsets in this thread should satisfy your needs at different budgets.

Apr 12, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 9
I enjoy NuForce NE-7M, reviewed and discussed extensively here, with a Blackberry 8310 Curve. The BB is a less bassy source than the iPod Classic, so the more bassy NE-7M suits it well, IMHO. I also have some MEElec M9P, and like them a little better with the iPod, where I keep all my music for use with the home system. I find the BB Curve to be a decent player (don't use EQ with either source) and like the convenience of having phone, data and a good selection of my favorite music (plus maps and some internet) all in one place when portability is needed.

For a more neutral IEM, the iP-HS5 (BB version of the oft-recommended iM-590) is a possibility and includes a 2.5mm adapter. HeadphoneAddict compares the NE-7M and HS5 in his review.

There are (pricey) "ControlTalk" versions of the highly regarded and much-discussed Monster Turbine Pro Gold and Copper IEM's, unfortunately not yet added to the otherwise excellent list that mnagali linked.

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 9
I am using the Bold and finds that the Blackberry hisses with my CK100, while my other mobile phones didn't. Never tried it with my UE18 Pro though.

Apr 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #8 of 9
V-Moda Vibe II, Remix and Klipsch Image S4i.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back