AudioNemesis DC-1 (DAC)
Oct 1, 2007 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Patu

Headphoneus Supremus
"DC-1, zero-feedback, zero-oversampling D/A converter"

Any experience with this DAC? We just got a dealer for AudioNemesis here in Finland. He's praising the sound of this DAC but I haven't heard it myself. Looks interesting though.

http://www.audionemesis.com/dc1.htm

dc1.jpg

Oct 4, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 7
No interest for this DAC? I forgot to mention that it's hand made in Italy and retail price of 800EUR here in Finland.

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 7
Looks interesting just afraid it´s a bit dated... seems to be a 16-bit DAC or 20-bit max? Seems like they have some 14 day trial so I may be able to try it out if I find somewhere to get it in Sweden

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 7
I listened to the upgraded version (stacked DACs and other mods) and it's a very good, analogue sounding DAC. The sound is rather soft, with great timbre and fantastic spatial presentation. Comparing the AudioNemesis to the Marantz SA7001 analog outputs when it acts as the transport, it's like a two class difference in SQ.

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #5 of 7
Do you know where you can ordered one? What price point with mods are we talking. It´s either that or the budget solution... Feels like a 131.1 at the moment

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 7
We have an authorized reseller in Poland, and I was talking about a stock upgraded version with Tara Labs internal wiring added. The "upgrade 1" option is a factory mod. This is probably the version Patu gave the price for. At least, it cost that much in Poland.

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Let's wake up this thread.

I got one (used) today for a good price. So far I like its sound. As said earlier, it's very analogue sounding. Bottom end is rich and powerful. High end is smooth and non fatiguing. Pleasure to listen to. More impressions later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back