Audiologist Recommended by JH Audio - Anyone Familiar With This Dr.?
Jan 10, 2011 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MJ1764

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody,

I hope this doesn't violate any forum rules (I don't think it does) but I received a couple recommendations for audiologists in the NYC area from JH Audio and was wondering if anyone had dealt with them before and what the experience was like. In particular, has anyone gotten impressions done/ordered earphones from

Dr. Beth Orliss
Cresskill, NJ

I spoke with her on the phone and she seemed really nice and helpful. She said she does the impressions free if I order the earphones through her (how does she make any money if I'm charged same as direct from JH Audio?). I think I'm going to go with her but I was curious to hear people's opinions.

Thanks. Much appreciated,

Michael

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Hey everybody,

I hope this doesn't violate any forum rules (I don't think it does) but I received a couple recommendations for audiologists in the NYC area from JH Audio and was wondering if anyone had dealt with them before and what the experience was like. In particular, has anyone gotten impressions done/ordered earphones from

Dr. Beth Orliss
Cresskill, NJ

I spoke with her on the phone and she seemed really nice and helpful. She said she does the impressions free if I order the earphones through her (how does she make any money if I'm charged same as direct from JH Audio?). I think I'm going to go with her but I was curious to hear people's opinions.

Michael

she must get referral benefits; which isnt an uncommon business practice.
if she's reccomended by JH, she must know what she's doing
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Quote:
Hey everybody,

Dr. Beth Orliss
Cresskill, NJ

Michael

she must get referral benefits; which isnt an uncommon business practice.
if she's reccomended by JH, she must know what she's doing
wink.gif

I just got impressions made by one of the recommended folks in NY just after ordering a new pair of headphones directly from JH.  I was surprised to learn he was an authorized dealer and I could order through him (and he seemed a little disappointed I had already ordered them).  Safe to assume there's a dealer price vs retail price, and the retailer/audiologists are capturing this (which probably allows her/them to absorb the impression cost).  This is of course speculation, but probably a safe guess.

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #4 of 4
aleki and silverlight,

Thanks for the replies. Your suppositions are as good as mine when it comes to how audiologists make a profit in this manner but since they are recommended byt the company, I suppose that is a safe bet that the impressions will have a higher likelihood of being better the first time around with no need for a refit (or refits).

All the best,

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back