AudioGD R28 or R27
Oct 13, 2021 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bolosicubolo

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am in the market for a new DAC, preferably with a pre-amp function that will not degrade the sound. I will use it mainly in my speaker setup but with an occasional listen on my HD650s.

I am very curious on the new AudioGD gear, more specifically the R28 (1400E) & R27 (2300E), both from Magnahifi with their silver upgrades. I was planning to pull the trigger on the R28 as a first piece of kit to introduce me to the R2R ladder dac world, especially after going through most of the 70/80 pages on it's dedicated therad here. I like reading about stuff but I also hate it when someone that I respect, like Hans (Beekhuyzen) has rated the standalone R1 dac (with Magna upgrades) which is supposed to be in the R28 so poorly.

Question to you, is there something I am missing here and R28 is and could be a good dac (I am moving over from SMSL SU-9) for it's price? Is it worth it to consider going 900E more for the R27 which is supposed to be based on the better R8 dac with the class A headphone amp also?

Or are there any better options in this price range 1000-2000E, new or SH?

I am also running my gear through a balanced isolating transformer (power conditioner) from Kemp... hoping to do something similar to the regenerative (HE) option on the higher-end dacs from AudioGD.

Thanks for reading my rant!

Cheers from Romania,
Bogdan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back