Audioegine D1 & Schiit Fulla both have the same DAC, does this mean both sound the same?
Mar 17, 2015 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BarbecueGamer

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I was looking at the specs of the Schiit Fulla today and realized it uses the same DAC, the AK4396 as the Audioegine D1. And I was curious, does this mean they sound the same? I assume not since the specs do look a bit different compared to each other. But that's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me. 

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hello, I was looking at the specs of the Schiit Fulla today and realized it uses the same DAC, the AK4396 as the Audioegine D1. And I was curious, does this mean they sound the same? I assume not since the specs do look a bit different compared to each other. But that's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me. 

They should sound very close, but there is other hardware involved on the PCB that could effect audio.
but i have no idea on what other chips are used in those DAC/amps.
I would say to just go for the cheaper price.

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 4
I am far from knowledgeable in this area, but I do read a lot that the chip by itself won't tell you much about how the DAC will sound. There are lots of other stuff that affect the sound that comes out, like how the DAC is designed, what other chips are there and do they work well together, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back