Audio Technica's CKS90 x CKS77 (x M50!)
Jun 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rmax

New Head-Fier
What's up guys and girls,

I'm totally new here and not quite an audiophile =]

However, as an owner of a pair of AT CKS90 I've entered this journey of enjoying listening to music in joyful ways.

I've been amazed by the quality of the 90's, it seems a remarkable achievement to listen to some strong bass even stronger than my Edifier speakers!

So now I've been wondering if I should get a spare pair of earphones (even considering getting the M50's) and if you allow me I would ask you:

- Are the CKS-77 better in overall quality than the CKS-90?
- Would I be somehow disappointed by the bass intensity of ATH-M50 compared to the 90's, since I don't plan to immediately buy any amp?
- Is the Active Noise Cancelling feature a con on a pair of headphones (do they lower somehow the audio quality?)? >> I'm also considering buying the CKS-90 with NC.

If you guys can spend some time helping me out it would be awesome.

Cheers 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 2
to enjoy the m50s, you'd want a headphone amp with bass boost or else there's barely any bass on those headphones and the volume will be lacking a bit. you might want to look up the audio technica pro 700 mk2 headphones if you want real bass or the ultrasone hfi 580, or the beyerdynamic dt770. the m50s will dissapoint you when it comes to bass. As for the cks 77 vs cks-90, many people on head-fi prefer the cks77s overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back