Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
Nov 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #62 of 2,205
Quote:

Sorry - I'm going to need some translation.

18 00 yens = around 225$ .

Let's take A900X as exemple :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006V386UG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000291003/?lid=ksearch_kakakuitem_image

13500 yens = around 170$ .

If AD900X is only 50$ more expensive than in japan like A900X it would be not so bad .

No need for translation just change converter 
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #64 of 2,205
Quote:

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000428776/?lid=ksearch_kakakuitem_image

You should have and idea of price ^^ 

But you could Add  50/75$ or even more for price at your "local dealer" .

haha you beat me to the punch! I was just about to post the link for the kakaku.com prices! Good Job!

The prices when converted to USD aren't THAT terrible, however, after reading that only the AD2000x is going to be produced in Japan (Did I read that correctly??) I'm quite let down... I would have hoped that they (Audio-Technica) would have kept this (new/updated) line manufactured in JAPAN.

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #65 of 2,205
Quote:
haha you beat me to the punch! I was just about to post the link for the kakaku.com prices! Good Job!

The prices when converted to USD aren't THAT terrible, however, after reading that only the AD2000x is going to be produced in Japan (Did I read that correctly??) I'm quite let down... I would have hoped that they (Audio-Technica) would have kept this (new/updated) line manufactured in JAPAN.

AD1000X also ^^ you made the same mistake as HalidePisces , but AD900 was manufactured in Japan , AD900X don't , well i have nothing against made in China but made in Japan is a  bit more prestigious 
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #66 of 2,205
AD1000X also ^^ you made the same mistake as HalidePisces , but AD900 was manufactured in Japan , AD900X don't , well i have nothing against made in China but made in Japan is a  bit more prestigious :p

The separation of the top two models from the others is very interesting...

AD1000X and AD2000X will be produced in Japan and will have fixed pricing.

AD500X, AD700X, and AD900X will be produced in China, have open pricing, and will be getting some sort of bass adjustment.

Obviously, all bets are off on the pricing if you're importing. Regardless, I'm sure many people are curious about the bass adjustment. It seems to be the most common complaint people have with their AD### cans.

I'm already disappointed on the AD900X's plug change. No more metal?!

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #67 of 2,205
Quote:

AD1000X also ^^ you made the same mistake as HalidePisces , but AD900 was manufactured in Japan , AD900X don't , well i have nothing against made in China but made in Japan is a  bit more prestigious 
tongue.gif

Quote:
AD500X, AD700X, and AD900X will be produced in China, have open pricing, and will be getting some sort of bass adjustment.
Obviously, all bets are off on the pricing if you're importing. Regardless, I'm sure many people are curious about the bass adjustment. It seems to be the most common complaint people have with their AD### cans.

HaVoC-28 and HalidePisces:
Thanks for catching and correcting those errors/misinterperetations for me...

Reassured that at least the two top-tiered units will be produced in Japan.

Reason? Personally I like all of the headphones I have ever purchased that have been manufactured in Japan. The quality control seems to be nice and precise. Some of the units that I have purchased that were manufactured in China or Thailand have been iffy to poor in precision of manufacture. That is not, of course, to categorically condemn all units or manufacturing efforts in those regions. I'm merely stating that I've had positive experiences with the unit's I've owned that were produced in Japan as opposed to outside of Japan. That's all.

Back to the whole of the new updated "Air Dynamic "x" Series update", It's a real fresh look and apparently for the three lower-tiered units (AD900x, AD700x, and AD500x) a big step up in looks and materials and construction ethic/quality. Something about the previous generation (AD900, AD700, and AD500) were discoherent, had "jarring" or even "unappealing" color schemes, and these new "x" models seem visually and from a palette perspective, much nicer.

RE: the plugs being rubber/plastic a' la some mass produced molded style? I believe that was just for a pre-production sample image, I've seen some other images with the standard Audio-Technica metal plug with screw-on 1/4" adapter and long spring coil strain relief. So until there is an official release, I don't think we can be certain. I hope they keep the standard Audio-Technica metal jack with screw-on adpater. It's nice. Honestly there's just no logical reason to cheapen it up, or swap out such a nice finishing detail.

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #68 of 2,205
Quote:

What price point do you think we'll see 1000x and 2000x be at in the US (USD)?

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #69 of 2,205
Quote:

What price point do you think we'll see 1000x and 2000x be at in the US (USD)?

AD2000 was never released outside Japan . And for AD1000X let's say something like  349-449$ (as it was for AD1000) .

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #71 of 2,205
Can't be sure of pricing as they aren't set yet (as far as I could tell) but just converting the prices listed from http://kakaku.com/kaden/headphones/ma_463/

AD2000x = 58,320 yen which as of Nov 04, 2012 exchange rates in USD converts to $ 724.xx

AD1000x = 35,820 yen which as of Nov 04, 2012 exchange rates in USD converts to $ 445.xx 

AD900x   = 17,820 yen which as of Nov 04, 2012 exchange rates in USD converts to $ 221.xx 

AD700x   = 13,320 yen which as of Nov 04, 2012 exchange rates in USD converts to $ 165.xx 

AD500x   =   8,982 yen which as of Nov 04, 2012 exchange rates in USD converts to $ 111.xx 

These prices will of course fluctuate with dialy exchange rates, and are an estimate based on one site I was able to find prices for the whole line listed, which is Japanese, and who knows what the difference will be for whatever models are officially launched in the USA or outside of Japan.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #74 of 2,205
I'm so interested in these. I was going to buy the AD700, but I think I will wait for these to come out. I definitely want one of the lower-end models to be my first quality open-back headphone.
I am assuming that in the revised versions AT might have added a bit more bass emphasis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back