Audio Technica Pro700MK2 & M50 picture comparison.
Jul 1, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
Depends on person, for SOME people I'm sure the PRO700MK2 might be the king no matter price we're discussing but for majority of people those you mentioned might be more commonly picked, possibly add D7000 to the mix as well (I personally would probably prefer D5000 over D7000 though).

I'd also be interesting in some good pads for PRO700MK2 in case I'd give this phone a try... The default ones look too small to be circumaural to me...

Fair enough, as you do have a point there. But if I were to stop before my ultimate goal, I wouldn't have even joined Head-Fi. Just saying...

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #18 of 23
did someone say bass.

basshead.gif

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #20 of 23

Quote:
how much more portable is the pro700 than the m50 size wise? 

pro700mk2 fold up nicely.
Mine just burn in 15 hours, i already can feel its getting wider the soundstage & vocal is clearer. I don't really agree its a bass head headphone, the bass is decent but the vocal is pretty good as well.
Its a pair of easy to drive cans, even with directly through iphone the sound is pretty good. Its too easy to drive, even my lappy crappy sound card can drive it nicely, in fact i cant hear much different between the budget fiio e10 Dac/Amp with the soundcard. Now i'm sourcing a better dac/amp to pair with it.
Let me continue the burn in, will get back after passing the 100hour mark :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back