Audio-Technica cans?
May 29, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #16 of 17
AD2000 have a more airy highs that the W5000 cannot match, it have slightly tighter bass and better impact. AD2000 is more dynamic sounding, where the W5000 is more smooth sounding, but it have that heavy midrange colouration that one might not like.

A2000X is my favourite closed back headphones now, very balance presentation, sweet vocal and mids without having the W5000 colouration, bass extends low and have good texture, airy highs and natural soundstage rivals open backs. Downside is the bass haven't got the impact as much as the AD2000 do. If you really wanted closed headphones, A2000X might be a good choice for you. Also, W5000 does sound kinda strange without HA5000 too, so bear that in mind too. Though they sound very nice paired with HA5000, but I couldn't get along with its colouration and the fit.

May 30, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #17 of 17
I know the AD2000 it's more balanced and everything. I wonder how's the W5000's peak at upper mids helps the vocal, I am looking for a colored head phone since I would use LCD-2 for rock and accoustic, HD800 for mainly classic. I need one more that's very different than others, it won't need to have great bass( given that it's probably not gonna be better than the LCD-2) or the airy treble( HD800), BUT it has to have it's signature in something. Simply put I'm not looking for a all around-er otherwise i would get the Omega in the very beginning. Be in specific, I wanna something that's really really excel in vocal, by vocal i mean female vocal and opera singers in particular. So from what i've read ATH has the signature I'm looking for. I wonder how it's that W5000 sounds weired without HA5000?. I'm going to pair it with WA22.  W5k seems to be the easiest to find though. lol I might just get a used to see if i like it. AD2000X seems to be really rare. never saw them on sale. how it's the vocal on AD2000 compare to the W5000?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back