Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Mar 27, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #1,141 of 1,585
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the CK10's, funny how well they seem to hold up even in spite of newer iem's coming out. There really is just something about their particular sound that when it works for someone its scary how addicting it becomes

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #1,142 of 1,585
^
totally agree. Got mine a week ago and I found that myself match perfectly with this tiny ck10, even the fit (i'm using the stock tip). Just ordered monster triflange on ebay and genuie sony hybrid tips for some more expreriences

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #1,143 of 1,585
joker's review is spot on, "impossibly quick -I sometimes get the feeling that the armatures on the CK10s could reproduce several different songs simultaneously and never miss a beat."

:)

Mar 27, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #1,144 of 1,585
Picked up some Sony hybrids from the local BestBuy today. They're nice tips but they don't work well with my ears/CK10(reduced bass, highs too bright, can't get a good seal). The Shure triples are working great but I think I'll try some Monster triflange next...

:)

Mar 27, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #1,145 of 1,585
Finally received my CK10 and was impressed with the quality of this phone, exceeded all my expectations. After several tests, the best result I got was with the monster triflanges and the second with sony hybrids.

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #1,146 of 1,585
I've been thinking about getting this IEM recently, but I have a few questions for all you owners first.
Does it perform well with rock/metal music? I'm thinking the speed and clarity will definitely be good but will the bass be adequate? I don't want huge bass so much as accurate, realistic bass that can have some impact when necessary. To describe the bass I want I guess I could say I want the drums to really sound like drums instead of thuds and the bass guitar to sound like a bass guitar instead of vibrations.
Will it sound good out of a Sansa Clip+ or an iPod Touch 2G, or should I also try to get the FiiO X3 when it's released?
Could these really compete, sound-wise, with full-size headphones in the $200-$300 price range?
Finally, is $260 at AccessoryJack a good price for these?
Thanks!

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #1,147 of 1,585
I've been thinking about getting this IEM recently, but I have a few questions for all you owners first.
Does it perform well with rock/metal music? I'm thinking the speed and clarity will definitely be good but will the bass be adequate? I don't want huge bass so much as accurate, realistic bass that can have some impact when necessary. To describe the bass I want I guess I could say I want the drums to really sound like drums instead of thuds and the bass guitar to sound like a bass guitar instead of vibrations.
Will it sound good out of a Sansa Clip+ or an iPod Touch 2G, or should I also try to get the FiiO X3 when it's released?
Could these really compete, sound-wise, with full-size headphones in the $200-$300 price range?
Finally, is $260 at AccessoryJack a good price for these?
Thanks!

For me the bass response is more than adequate. I primarily listen to rock/metal too. Kick drums sound tight, fast and detailed. Bass guitars sound very musical, definitely not just vibrations. Listening to Iron Maiden's Strange World for example I'm mesmerized by the sound of the drums, cymbals, lead/bass guitars and vocals. Amazing straight out of my nano and clip+. Impact wise they are on the low side.

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #1,148 of 1,585
i find that the shure triple flanges with the top most flange removed gives the best sound.especially after they have been in my ears for awhile.
i like the sony hybrids 2nd best,very comfortable.although it does make the highs a little bit harsh. the pack in tips are terrible,really bad quality.managed to rip one apart removing it from the stem.

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #1,149 of 1,585
happybuns, I like the red and blue strips of tape idea you have there.

Mar 30, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #1,150 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS/img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes some photos to feed us
regular_smile .gif
Where you get the custom tips made?

K, here's a photo
214nvpj.jpg

And I got em made by...let's say a "local maker" here in Beijing ? xD
He works in a company selling Phonak hearing aid products, and at home, he makes custom moulds for some audiophiles using the equipment from work. Had the impression made by him.
Impression + Custom tips costed about 29 dollars
tongue_smile.gif

Wow, they look fantastic. I'm interested in something like this. I'm in love with the sound I'm getting with the Shure triples but I have to insert them very deep. The problem I have when inserted this deep is the steel caps are a little sharp an causing some discomfort. These custom tips look like a good solution.

Edit: My discomfort was caused by the tips I was using. Much better now since I've changed tips.

Apr 5, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #1,153 of 1,585
My CK10 arrived, been using my CK100 for past 6 months or so  and CK10 sounds completely different. So far so good 
smily_headphones1.gif

Would love to hear your impressions between the two. The CK100 look interesting. :)

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #1,154 of 1,585
Joined the club today, and I'm absolutely delighted :) As I wrote earlier, I have a pair of Comply T500 which I have now fitted om the CK10's, a perfect fit and great comfort. I'll be ordering the TX500's soon.

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #1,155 of 1,585

Quote:
Quote:
My CK10 arrived, been using my CK100 for past 6 months or so  and CK10 sounds completely different. So far so good 
smily_headphones1.gif

Would love to hear your impressions between the two. The CK100 look interesting.
smily_headphones1.gif

I would love to post my impression right now, but I have exam tomorrow and essay due on Tuesday. After that I will be a free mannnnnnn. I shall write my impression after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back