Audio Technica ATH-AD2000s
Apr 30, 2011 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

crumpler

500+ Head-Fier
Just managed to get my hands on a pair of new AD2000s at a relatively reasonable price down under and am LOVING every moment with them through the DACport. In fact i'm loving them so much for the genre of music i'm listening to (Alternative, Indie, Rock, Acoustic) that i'm contemplating on selling my other audio equipment and just keeping the DACport, AD2000s and an IEM (universal or custom) for all my listening needs both home and portable.

Granted my STAX rig is at home and i haven't heard them in a while but i can't for the life of me remember them making music sound this good while i was listening to them. For what it's worth, i've yet to mod the AD2000s in any way at all, no phatmod or recable yet and they already sound so good. Many people have complained that the AD2000s have a vice-like clamp but i find them so comfy and can go on listening for hours on end without any discomfort.

I know i should really give these new phones some time before i decide but i'm just so contented and satisfied with them at the moment, so much so that i don't feel the urge to look for ways of improving my audio pleasure any further.

Does anyone have thoughts about the AD2000s vs stats or otherwise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back