Audio Technica ATH-A900LTD Limited Edition
Dec 22, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #151 of 155
I have indeed found these cans have grown on me. These have everything I liked about my ATH-W1000 with more base presence, isolation. Soundstage is very large and engaging. The vertigo that I get on some music where the sound bounces off those auditorium walls is amazing. The detail of the strings sounding on those acoustic instruments is perfect. The breath coming from the singers shows an intimacy lacking in most headphones. The cymbals seem to be right on with its decay. The lute and flute sounds so haunting, the harp so sweet.

If you have that extra money laying around don't miss these sleepers. Just let it play through its first couple of hundred hours to get to that mysterious sound that I just described...

Dec 29, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #152 of 155
Since there has been some discussion about what driver was put into these new Audio-Technica phones, I thought there may be some interest.

Goto this thread to see the link to the gallery that holds this image:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154568

Please comment in that thread concerning any prespectives on the ATH-A900LTD driver that you may have.

Thanks

Dec 29, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #153 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
I have indeed found these cans have grown on me. These have everything I liked about my ATH-W1000 with more base presence, isolation. Soundstage is very large and engaging. The vertigo that I get on some music where the sound bounces off those auditorium walls is amazing. The detail of the strings sounding on those acoustic instruments is perfect. The breath coming from the singers shows an intimacy lacking in most headphones. The cymbals seem to be right on with its decay. The lute and flute sounds so haunting, the harp so sweet.

If you have that extra money laying around don't miss these sleepers. Just let it play through its first couple of hundred hours to get to that mysterious sound that I just described...

Wow, how you describe it makes me want to sell my AD2k and get a pair of these

Dec 29, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #154 of 155
I would only advise this if you have listened to the ATH-A900LTD and made a comparison. One other condition that my weight into this would be the need for a closed phone. The ATH-A900LTD isolates very well. The AD2K is known for its airie sound. I think my ATH-A900LTD are airie but I have not made the actual comparison so this would be something you would need to check if this was one of those sound qualities most important to you. The music I listen to plays very well with these phones.

Maybe within the month there will be some meeting where these two phones can be directly compared. Lets Hope....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaSteve87
Wow, how you describe it makes me want to sell my AD2k and get a pair of these

Dec 29, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #155 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
I would only advise this if you have listened to the ATH-A900LTD and made a comparison. One other condition that my weight into this would be the need for a closed phone. The ATH-A900LTD isolates very well. The AD2K is known for its airie sound. I think my ATH-A900LTD are airie but I have not made the actual comparison so this would be something you would need to check if this was one of those sound qualities most important to you. The music I listen to plays very well with these phones.

Maybe within the month there will be some meeting where these two phones can be directly compared. Lets Hope....

We can only hope...if someone wants to send the A900LTD to WI then I would be glad too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back