AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard for Computer Audio
Aug 30, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #1,667 of 3,694
Aug 30, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #1,668 of 3,694
  I'm also a very satisfied owner of the D16 and it's the best digital playback for me so far.
Sounds quality is beyond my expectation and for only $1,500 it's a bargain.
Also added the AQ Diamond to the system and it brought out even more details and separations. 

I have also added the little running shoes to my system :)

What comes along with them is life changing ... and diaper changing!

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #1,669 of 3,694
It works!

I set JRIVER to leave 44.1 at 44.1 and not upsample to 192K. I played a 44.1K track. My Yggy clicked and changed rate. Even RedNet Control shows 44.1 while playing the track whereas it had previously shown 192K.

Now to see how the SQ changes!

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #1,671 of 3,694
  I'm also a very satisfied owner of the D16 and it's the best digital playback for me so far.
Sounds quality is beyond my expectation and for only $1,500 it's a bargain.
Also added the AQ Diamond to the system and it brought out even more details and separations. 

Nice gear!  Love those AR amps.  Is the AQ Diamond a Ethernet,AES or SPDIF?

My Mutec MC-3+ USB is going up for sale on the classifieds today - just a heads-up if someone is looking for one at a great price.

Aug 30, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #1,672 of 3,694
Hi

After 2 weeks burn in I started to think something was wrong with my Rednet 16R. The bass was still boomy, kind of  "hollow" and sounded worse than the first 100 hours or so.

Today I got a 3 meter 6a ethernet cable from Focusrite since my 16 R was delivered without. My delear gave me a 5a UTP ethernet cable the day after I picked up the 16R. Now the bass is articulate, tight and hard hitting. I am using FMC with optical cable so the Focusrite 6a is connected between the end FMC and Rednet.

Just ordered 2 x 1 foot Blue Jeans Cable 6a 
bigsmile_face.gif

Tommy

Aug 30, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #1,673 of 3,694
Would someone mind giving me a very brief run-down on why someone would need / use a "Fiber Media Converter" in their audio system or in conjunction with a RedNet 3 or D16? What piece of gear accepts TX / RX connections? Am I just missing something incredibly simple here?

Thanks!

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Aug 30, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #1,674 of 3,694

My Mutec MC-3+ USB is going up for sale on the classifieds today - just a heads-up if someone is looking for one at a great price.

Don't know if I missed it but was there a new finding that caused you to sell the Mutec?

Aug 30, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #1,675 of 3,694
So far so good with the new Rednet Control(RC) app and the firmware that allow sample rate following.

There is one "undocumented feature" however.

If you enable SRC then you need to leave RC open. If you close it the rate stops following. Also when you reopen RC you must choose SRC once again. I have contacted Focusrite Support US and they will run this by Support UK.

I see it as a minor inconvenience, not a deal breaker. It is great to have Rednet follow the native sampling rate of the file being played and it is working well. For now you just need to remember to launch RC and choose SRC if you reboot.

BTW. When you run the update you will need to roll back Audiophile Optimizer if you are using it. OA turns off a service needed for the install. You can re-enable it later.

Aug 30, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #1,677 of 3,694
  Would someone mind giving me a very brief run-down on why someone would need / use a "Fiber Media Converter" in their audio system or in conjunction with a RedNet 3 or D16? What piece of gear accepts TX / RX connections? Am I just missing something incredibly simple here?

Thanks!

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

It interrupts the copper CAT6 ethernet path with an optical connection which adds another form of isolation for the Rednet device from the computer or switch.

You have a transmitter(FMC) on one end and a receiver(FMC) on the other with optical fiber in between.

Aug 30, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #1,678 of 3,694
  Thanks a lot, Skogkatt,

And as it's been a while since I did my firmware upgrade, would you or someone be good enough to remind me of where to find the firmware upgrade software?

Joel

Once you install and start Rednet Control 1.10 it should automatically download and update the firmware: once it starts updating DO NOT STOP the process till it ends.

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #1,679 of 3,694

The Diamond Ethernet. I was skeptical if it would really makes any noticeable differences and it sure did. 

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #1,680 of 3,694
  So far so good with the new Rednet Control(RC) app and the firmware that allow sample rate following.

There is one "undocumented feature" however.

If you enable SRC then you need to leave RC open. If you close it the rate stops following. Also when you reopen RC you must choose SRC once again. I have contacted Focusrite Support US and they will run this by Support UK.

I see it as a minor inconvenience, not a deal breaker. It is great to have Rednet follow the native sampling rate of the file being played and it is working well. For now you just need to remember to launch RC and choose SRC if you reboot.

BTW. When you run the update you will need to roll back Audiophile Optimizer if you are using it. OA turns off a service needed for the install. You can re-enable it later.

I am using a Mac mini and I can not find the SRC function. I downloaded the RedNet Control 1.10 this afternoon. Is it only on Win?

Tommy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back