Audio Newb's Journal (AKA Answer my Questions >:D)
Dec 19, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #46 of 284
I can only imagine what OP would do if he doesn't like them or if they got lost in the mail. In the meantime, we should post the negatives of the HF5s so OP doesn't feel like he is missing on anything. 
biggrin.gif

They sound dead to me. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #47 of 284

Quote:

I can only imagine what OP would do if he doesn't like them or if they got lost in the mail. In the meantime, we should post the negatives of the HF5s so OP doesn't feel like he is missing on anything. 
biggrin.gif

They sound dead to me. 

You mean to tell me that you wouldn't be happy if you bought a product and it got lost in the mail?  Seriously, can people please stop making fun of the OP. This is essentially cyber-bullying. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #50 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is essentially cyber-bullying. 

And all your posts are essentially "cyber-police".

This kids hates bass, he's used Skullcandy all his life, he worked hard and saved up every cent for an Etymotic HF5, he runs to the mailbox every day and breaks things and deletes his music and calls amazon.com idiots when his Etymotic isn't there yet, do you really fail to see the humour in this?

Look, he's very passionate about audio and he seems pretty smart, when was the last time you heard about a kid using Skullcandy saving up for an Etymotic?

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #51 of 284

Quote:

And all your posts are essentially "cyber-police".

This kids hates bass, he's used Skullcandy all his life, he worked hard and saved up every cent for an Etymotic HF5, he runs to the mailbox every day and breaks things and deletes his music and calls amazon.com idiots when his Etymotic isn't there yet, do you really fail to see the humour in this?

Look, he's very passionate about audio and he seems pretty smart, when was the last time you heard about a kid using Skullcandy saving up for an Etymotic?

Regardless...  Is it any reason to make fun of someone... 

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #52 of 284
kiteki I don't think you can simply slap on a 75Ohms cable and think it will be like the ER4S. I actually had the same idea a while back and was pretty much shot down saying that HF5s are simply not tuned the way the ER4 series are and will not accomplish the same effect. Plus if he doesn't have an amp, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in doing so. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #53 of 284
Quote:
kiteki I don't think you can simply slap on a 75Ohms cable and think it will be like the ER4S. I actually had the same idea a while back and was pretty much shot down saying that HF5s are simply not tuned the way the ER4 series are and will not accomplish the same effect. Plus if he doesn't have an amp, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in doing so. 

The 75 ohm resistors or cables are really cheap on ebay, I'd advise anyone to try it regardless.

The HF5 has a slightly different impedance, but I heard it uses the exact same driver as ER-4P, ER-4S and ER-4B.

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #54 of 284

Quote:

The 75 ohm resistors or cables are really cheap on ebay, I'd advise anyone to try it regardless.

The HF5 has a slightly different impedance, but I heard it uses the exact same driver as ER-4P, ER-4S and ER-4B.

Same driver, but it's tuned differently.  Which results in a different sound.  So however you try to get the impedance to work out, it still won't sound like the ER-series.

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #55 of 284
Yea the drivers are the same but it's the way they are tuned that makes the difference. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #56 of 284

Il Mostro said the ER-4 and HF5 are the same except one is made in USA and the other is made in China.

I'd like to know, so if you can link to more information feel free.  If they use the same driver and come from the same company I am quite convinced the ER-4P and HF5 should be very similiar.

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #57 of 284
While a prefer less theatrics I do understand the OP's frustration about waiting for something in the mail system. Personally I think they are just venting a bit and possibly just trying to have fun with a bad situation. Some of the responses border on bullying though, so it might be good if other posters laid off on their comments a bit.

To the OP, in my experience the HF series is anything but dead sounding. If you have music that has lots I detail and lives in the midrange spectrum you will love your purchase. Don't worry about any other discussion regarding higher end models, 75ohm adapters etc. until you have your new earphones in hand and get to try them for yourself. In the end it really is about how you hear them.

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #58 of 284

Quote:

Il Mostro said the ER-4 and HF5 are the same except one is made in USA and the other is made in China.

I'd like to know, so if you can link to more information feel free.  If they use the same driver and come from the same company I am quite convinced the ER-4P and HF5 should be very similiar.

Let me make a small correction there.  One is manufacturered in China, while the other one is professionally, hand tuned in Elmhurst, IL.  There is a big difference between being personally tuned to be within 2 dB of the sound and just manufacturered.  This is why it results in a different sound.  If they were the same drivers with the same tuning, Etymotic wouldn't sell the HF series so cheap.  If there were the same models with the same tuning, Etymotic would discontinue the ER-series for the HF-series.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #59 of 284
Alright, I am going to try to stay calm on this one. (**Takes deep breath**). No package. I can't call the post office today or tomorrow, because after school I have ski team, which goes until 5, which coincidentally is the same time the post office closes -.-.  

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #60 of 284

Quote:
Alright, I am going to try to stay calm on this one. (**Takes deep breath**). No package. I can't call the post office today or tomorrow, because after school I have ski team, which goes until 5, which coincidentally is the same time the post office closes -.-.  

Contact Amazon support. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back