Audio-gd Roc Balanced HP Amp/Pre Amp
Jul 3, 2009 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

Townyj

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks to Patu for mentioning this within the Phoenix thread
smily_headphones1.gif
Sounds like it's going to be a cut down version of the Phoenix, put into a single chassis.
The specs do look rather well and have definitely caught my attention!!

н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

Jul 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 85
This could be a hard one for me now..... Im looking into a B22 and this has just come up! Sheesh!

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very interesting

50% cheaper than the phoenix

will be watching this

Phoenix = $1330
Roc = $800

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 85
The info on the Roc is basically copied and pasted from the Phoenix page with the exception where the name Phoenix is replaced with the Roc.
wink.gif

I wonder the how close the Phoenix and the Roc are in terms of SQ.

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #8 of 85
Actually Kingwas has dropped the retail of the Phoenix to $1200 (With a gift if purchased before the end of July)

So the Roc is 35% less than the Phoenix

Or the Phoenix is 53% more than the Roc

Jul 3, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #10 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder the how close the Phoenix and the Roc are in terms of SQ.

It doesn't look like the circuitry is anywhere near as intricate as the two-box Phoenix, but I'm sure it will still sound very good. I also wouldn't expect it to be able to put out the same level of power. It's amazing how this man comes out with something new almost every 2 months.

I do like how on the page it says "Two pictures of Roc" and then 8 pictures follow it.
k701smile.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #11 of 85
I just contacted Kingwa and I'm ordering one. For me, it's the right item for the right price at the right time. It appears to have the exact same output stage (as Kingwa basically says in the description) as the Phoenix but it just doesn't have the separated, dual mono power supply and the screen/remote control system. I'd love a Phoenix but it'd really put me in the hole money wise. I can sell my M3 to cover most of the cost of the Roc.

Check out the Roc:
Roc17.jpg

Compared to the Phoenix:
PH6.jpg

Some subtle differences, where that metal divider is in the Phoenix on the Roc there's some power caps apparently, and there's the power supply nestled in on the Roc where the control unit circuitry is (where it receives the signal from up top). Anyway I like the price and the form factor, it's going to have similar qualities to the Phoenix in sound although it is not as "balanced" as some balanced amps are, not having a dual mono power supply that I can surmise. Anyway, I'm talking with Kingwa about it to get one.

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #12 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just contacted Kingwa and I'm ordering one. For me, it's the right item for the right price at the right time. It appears to have the exact same output stage (as Kingwa basically says in the description) as the Phoenix but it just doesn't have the separated, dual mono power supply and the screen/remote control system. I'd love a Phoenix but it'd really put me in the hole money wise. I can sell my M3 to cover most of the cost of the Roc.

Just don't sell the M^3 before you listen to the Roc
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd like to see some comparisons.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #14 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just don't sell the M^3 before you listen to the Roc
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd like to see some comparisons.

How does he manage that if he has to sell the M^3 to cover the cost (or most of it) of the new amp ?

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back