Audio-Gd Reference 10
Nov 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #272 of 431
  Managed to snag a cabledyne reference silver power cord with free end upgrades to furitech. Will post impressions/send it back if nothing happens.

ohh...u bot the one on special sale?...i took the other silver rca pair :p

i use the silver pc on the dac ( for that deeeeper soundstage)...the copper pc on the amp for abit more body.

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #273 of 431
Sooooo

Picked up a pair of cabledyne silver xlrs. Largest improvement to my speaker system I've heard. Second largest improvement was a shunyata venom 3 on my amp/dac. Honestly I'm not sure I could tell a difference between the shunyata and the cabledyne silver power cord. But the cabledyne silver xlrs. Oh man that was unexpected. And that was coming from mogami xlrs that I bought for a good price ($18ish all together). 

I've also more or less bought anything that audiophiles say might affect sound, besides power conditioning. Replaced the wall outlets with cryo'd ones, silver power cord on ref 10, silver usb feeding dac, silver xlr feeding speakers, speakers using shunyata venom 3 cords. Now, I'm going to go through and swap all sorts of standard cabling out and go testing crazy. Or maybe not, because it's hard to stop listening to Diana Krall...

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #274 of 431
Hello all

I have a mod to ask about.

Has anyone asked kingwa or done this mod, Convert one of the inputs to I2S. If so how.

As when I bought this item I did use the I2S protocol . And if done what input would be the one to remove.
As I would prefer to have that input for 24/192 input. Even the USB removal would be fine.

Thanks

Al. D

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #276 of 431
Ok then. I have an offramp5. And I want to use the rj45. To it like I do for my M7

Will kingwa send me board I need to change

Al D

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #277 of 431
  Its amazing you can resist it after saying so many good things about HD800 :p

Nice picture there, and glad you finally checked HD800 out.

Hi OneSec, to be honest I can't ... after I had a chance to listen to HD800 I can't stand my K702 anymore.  My HD800 should be here within couple of days. Yay, Christmas is coming early this year!  

Nov 26, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #278 of 431

Hi OneSec, to be honest I can't ... after I had a chance to listening to HD800 I can't stand my K702 anymore.  My HD800 should be here within couple of days. Yay, Christmas is coming early this year! 

Welcome to the club! Now we have same setting except on the transport lol!

Balance is the way to go.

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #279 of 431

Thanks, how do you configure full file buffering in Foobar? I noticed KingWa's website also recommend ASIO too. Testing ASIO...

I just switched my Foobar to ASIO output too and to my ears ... this is the best sounding driver. It is more detailed and more dynamic than SPDIF via HiFace and definitely better than KS: Audio gd driver. The only problem I have with the USB drivers are occasional clicks here and there but it should be my notebook with VISTAs to blame. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #280 of 431
I would think it is or maybe there is a buffer you can increase. In control panel. USB
And increase the priority to the max for audio play back
Al D.

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #281 of 431
I would think it is or maybe there is a buffer you can increase. In control panel. USB
And increase the priority to the max for audio play back
Al D.

I was referring to Foobar, by the way I have already found the place to configure file buffering.

EDIT: Found, version 1.2 onwards, the Full file buffering has been moved to the advance-playback, rather than playback screen. Set to 204800kb, any single file should not exit 200mb.

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #283 of 431
  Balance is the way to go.

You were right, I balanced HD800's stock cable according to Kingwa's manual and it really surprised me how huge diference it was with comparison to non-balanced cable.

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #284 of 431
According to info just posted on Audio-GD web site it seems that Reference's and other PCM1704 based products days are numbered.

All products built in PCM1704 chips last for sale
Reference 5.32, Reference 10.32, SA-2 , NOS-1704 less than 10 units stock.
Master 7 less than 100 units stock.

What makes me really sad is the fact that I can not afford Master 7 now and it probably will be sold out for good before I'll have a chance to order it.

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #285 of 431
  According to info just posted on Audio-GD web site it seems that Reference's and other PCM1704 based products days are numbered.

All products built in PCM1704 chips last for sale
Reference 5.32, Reference 10.32, SA-2 , NOS-1704 less than 10 units stock.
Master 7 less than 100 units stock.

What makes me really sad is the fact that I can not afford Master 7 now and it probably will be sold out for good before I'll have a chance to order it.

For headphone use Referance10.32 is already more than enough. Master 7 is nice, but  is way over priced for headphone setup, and possibly consume too many desk space - an extra headphone amp is required, and that's another mix and match nightmare there.

I will only consider Master 7 if I go for a full blown setup with explicit components, speaker, and a room. That setup is not just 2000USD extra IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back