Audio-gd Phoenix balanced headphone amp.
Jul 13, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #3,346 of 3,352
  I am looking for buying used unit of Phoenix. 

I find one who look in good condition. I shortly tested the sound and hear no problem.

My concern is to know if I can have problems with this amp. Anyone experiment problems with this one? 

Do you know if the service is good at Audio GD?

Anyone used Phoenix to drive Hifiman HE-6? 

Thanks

Sorry for my english

You might want to pick up one of Audio-GDs newer amps due to their, well, newness, and increased wattage, especially if you're going to want to drive the HE-6. The NFB-1AMP and the Master-9 are both really good balanced amps for the HE-6 due to their hilarious power output. 
Also, Kingwa (Audio-GD guy on Head-Fi) is very responsive when asked questions and I hear their customer service is pretty good. One thing's for sure, you aren't going to break their amps, the only problem you'll ever have will be something electronic and I don't see a lot of threads of people complaining their Audio-GD stuff is breaking. So I think you'll be safe.

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #3,347 of 3,352
  I am looking for buying used unit of Phoenix. 

I find one who look in good condition. I shortly tested the sound and hear no problem.

My concern is to know if I can have problems with this amp. Anyone experiment problems with this one? 

Do you know if the service is good at Audio GD?

Anyone used Phoenix to drive Hifiman HE-6? 

Thanks

Sorry for my english

You might want to pick up one of Audio-GDs newer amps due to their, well, newness, and increased wattage, especially if you're going to want to drive the HE-6. The NFB-1AMP and the Master-9 are both really good balanced amps for the HE-6 due to their hilarious power output. 
Also, Kingwa (Audio-GD guy on Head-Fi) is very responsive when asked questions and I hear their customer service is pretty good. One thing's for sure, you aren't going to break their amps, the only problem you'll ever have will be something electronic and I don't see a lot of threads of people complaining their Audio-GD stuff is breaking. So I think you'll be safe.

I agree with Pirakphile here. As much of a beauty the Phoenix was, there are a lot of very good competitors at a fraction of the cost. Additionally, I would add the Phoenix doesn't have enough power for the HE-6. You really need to look at something like the NFB-1AMP or a speaker amplifier to deliver enough watts.

Also, no need to apologize for your English. You were very easy to understand.

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #3,348 of 3,352
I can have at low cost used.
I have a Bryston BHA-1. Now I compare both... but I searching those information because it can make a big difference.

With a little test, Bryston like to be more aggressive and have much dynamic, but Phoenix is very «musical» and the soundstage is more distant...

Apr 24, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #3,351 of 3,352
  The LCD-2.1 and Phoenix combo has provided these ears with pleasure since 2009 and counting!
Has anyone tried the Phoenix with speakers? If so, how has the Phoenix worked for that?

It is always about synergy but yes, Phoenix can be a good preamp if paired properly with the rest of your system. I tried it with Tapco S5 active speakers years ago and was really happy about this combination.

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #3,352 of 3,352
Hello. I'm looking forward to buy a used Phoenix (2010) to drive my AKG K340. Any suggestions if it will be Really enough power to push this electrostatics? I'm going to pair it at first with Dac19.
Thanks in advance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back