Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Nov 14, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #871 of 961
Thank you for these. I am looking for a lower DAC/AMP for my HE-500. I have been interested in NFB11 or 15 for a while, but I read a lot describing ES9018 DACs as a little bit bright, which is not my taste. So just wondering what will be the next after NFB-15.

BTW, any other suggestion besides the schiit stacks?

If you don't like bright, you won't like a lot of Schiit. I gave up on their non-multibit stuff a long time ago because of it.

Wolfson and Burr-Brown dacs are usually less bright.

What's your price range?

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #872 of 961
If you don't like bright, you won't like a lot of Schiit. I gave up on their non-multibit stuff a long time ago because of it.

Wolfson and Burr-Brown dacs are usually less bright.

What's your price range?

~300, no more than 400 for sure. But I think I will make it after new year, that why I was wondering what new is coming out from AudioGD~

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #873 of 961
~300, no more than 400 for sure. But I think I will make it after new year, that why I was wondering what new is coming out from AudioGD~

Hmm...

Audio-GD is a great choice. Emotiva Big Ego + UpTone Regen is solid, Emotiva DC-1 could be a good choice (good DAC, decent amp that you can replace later).

I haven't heard the Meridian Director but the Explorer was okay and you can get the Director for $300 these days.

I had the Schiit Modi, Magni, and Vali but haven't heard the v2 of any of them. They were decent value and probably better now.

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #874 of 961
Hmm...

Audio-GD is a great choice. Emotiva Big Ego + UpTone Regen is solid, Emotiva DC-1 could be a good choice (good DAC, decent amp that you can replace later).

I haven't heard the Meridian Director but the Explorer was okay and you can get the Director for $300 these days.

I had the Schiit Modi, Magni, and Vali but haven't heard the v2 of any of them. They were decent value and probably better now.

Great, thanks a lot~~~~keep studying

Nov 15, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #875 of 961

Audio-GD has posted that several of their products (one is the NFB-15) will not have a successor.

Below products last for sale ,no successor .
DI-2014,NFB-15,NFB-10.33, Precision 1, Precision 2.

So if you want the NFB-15, need to act soon.
You can always sell off the NFB-15, in the future, if you find something you want more.

So how do I stop my words coming out red?

Nov 15, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #877 of 961
You try seeing if Audio-GD will service it? because I don't see a reason why they wouldn't if it still within the warranty. The only thing that would make it hard for you is the price of shipping. If you are handily and had the skills you could be able to replace it manual with a same or better one, that if you had the skills to do so.

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #878 of 961
Yeah, I saw that. 
triportsad.gif
 Not decide yet~~

Nov 16, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #879 of 961
  You try seeing if Audio-GD will service it? because I don't see a reason why they wouldn't if it still within the warranty. The only thing that would make it hard for you is the price of shipping. If you are handily and had the skills you could be able to replace it manual with a same or better one, that if you had the skills to do so.

Yes, shipping 2kg to China is the limiting factor. I also voided the warranty when I opened the unit, but I had to check inside as my whole room started smelling like corroding metal.

I got a Fiio E10K as a replacement, and it works just fine to power my DT 990 Pro, plus I really appreciate the much smaller form factor. I considered the E10K initially, but thought I'd get the more powerful NFB 15.32 to "future proof" myself for potential upgrades.... so much for that :)

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #880 of 961
The volume knob on my 2 month old NFB-15 is getting a little sticky at the 12 o'clock position, might try to replace it myself.
Anyone know the make and model number of the control knob? 

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #882 of 961

Yes, shipping 2kg to China is the limiting factor. I also voided the warranty when I opened the unit, but I had to check inside as my whole room started smelling like corroding metal.

I got a Fiio E10K as a replacement, and it works just fine to power my DT 990 Pro, plus I really appreciate the much smaller form factor. I considered the E10K initially, but thought I'd get the more powerful NFB 15.32 to "future proof" myself for potential upgrades.... so much for that :)

You didn't void the warranty, you voided your ability to return it as arriving defective. They'll still service your amp for 10 years.

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #883 of 961
Can thay ship to Serbia Audio-GD NFB-15/11 ?

Edit: I asked thay and thay say me:

NFB-15 sum is $319.0

NFB-11 sum is $396.7 

So NFB-11 have better sound then NFB-15 ?

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #885 of 961
Depends on the type of sound that your looking for really. the NFB 15 supposedly had a warmish sound signature well my 15.32 which was a older model then the NFB15 did. While the NFB11 suppose to be neutral or so according to different people. So can't really say better but different as each person may want their source or all in one to have a certain sound signature. As some might want the sound that the NFB15 offers and others might want the sound the NFB 11 offers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back