Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Jun 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #16 of 961
I receantly got the 15.32, i have tried every usb port on my comp, all 6, and it just doesnt detect. Am i missing something here ?
btw, it is set to usb, Low gain, and HP out.

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #17 of 961
Well i worked it out.

The supplied usb cable is a pos, i changed it to a different one i had, and detected no problem. dam Pita wasted an hour of my life.

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #18 of 961
Maybe you just got a bad cable as it worked for me. But At-least I know what it would be in the future if that issue happens to mine.

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #19 of 961
Mine came a few days ago. Sounds wonderful using the usb input, MediaMonkey, with it's wasapi output, and Win 7 64 bit. I have not been able to make it work with ASIO, but I suspect it's my fault and not the hardware or software.

Jun 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #20 of 961
I think mine is at roughly 200 hours now... been too lazy to bring it home at night/on weekends, haha. Maybe I'll bring it home next weekend to speed up the burn-in a bit.

At work I'm listening to 320kbps MP3s on the coax out from my Cowon D3. Can't tell any difference between the OS and filter settings--I'm thinking they only matter for hi-res files? Once I reach 400-500 hours, I'll test with FLAC and 32bit files over USB... I've never been able to tell a difference between 320 MP3s and FLAC, but I'll give that another try. I've been purposely avoiding trying hi-res files, to spare my wallet, but I think it's time.

It's sounding great, though in a vacuum--haven't had a chance to compare it directly to anything else in a while. General impression is musical, ever so slightly warm (pairs nicely with the DT-250) with nice detail. Thinking there might be room for improvement with bass and soundstage--but those are things I'd expect to improve with more burn-in.

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #21 of 961
Quote:
Got my 15.32 today :) Super fast shipping--it arrived from China before my Cowon D3 s/pdif cable which shipped from California 2 days before the 15.32.

Took a few tries to install the drivers--it didn't like the USB ports on my laptop, but works fine from the powered port on my second monitor.

Initial impressions are... positive. And then some. I was hoping this would be close in quality to the Compass, in a smaller package, but I think it's going to be more than that. Detail and spatial imaging are wonderful, already an improvement over the Compass. Sound is fluid, quite musical. Makes the Compass sound slow in comparison. Bass impact may be somewhat lesser than the Compass, but is tighter. Certain parts of vocals sound more digital than I'm used to, but I'm hoping that will ease with burn-in. If this is the less detailed dac, versus the 11.32, I think I made the right choice--more detail and I think it might become distracting from the overall flow of the music.

My experience with the Compass tells me it will be several hundred hours before the sound solidifies... Time will tell, but I'm optimistic about this little beauty. 

Hi,

How would this dac go as a main dac in a hifi system. I like to connect it with a Marantz cd63se. Is it that good in sound quality to improve on a basic cd player or would I have to go something more upmarket like a rega dac. Is it warm open and detailed. Any feedback would be helpful.
Cheers
Steve.

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #22 of 961
Quote:
Hi,

How would this dac go as a main dac in a hifi system. I like to connect it with a Marantz cd63se. Is it that good in sound quality to improve on a basic cd player or would I have to go something more upmarket like a rega dac. Is it warm open and detailed. Any feedback would be helpful.
Cheers
Steve.

I unfortunately can't comment from my own experience on the 15.32 vs a CD player--I no longer own a CD player. I've also never heard the Marantz. A quick Google search suggests the CD63SE is a pretty good value in DACs... though technology has improved over the years. Take a look at this thread: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/marantz-cd-63-good-for-dac.

I think the 15.32 would at least sound as good as the Marantz (but different), and maybe better. It's early to form a conclusion, but I think the 15.32 is a tremendous value in DACs.

The 15.32 has really started to settle down... soundstage and bass detail are improving, the sound overall is approaching that "oh yeah" stage :) Warm, open, detailed, are good descriptors--and I think it is still improving.

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #23 of 961
Hi all,

Thanks for everyones feedback, I am impressed so much so I bought the 15.32. It is so open yet musical, I think its better than most dacs its price. It even improved my consonance cd -120 linear and sounds better than the Rega Apollo-r, more musical and open, the detail is quite impressive too. I suppose it needs a bit more burn in time as I noticed its starting to sound smoother too.

Cheers

Steve.

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #28 of 961
Does the TXCO just slot in like a dip-8 or do it need a special tool.

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #29 of 961
Hey U guys... Want to to try something which help to improve the sound quality of this DAC !!!

This is something can be done with both 11.32 and 15.32 (my friend hav also try with other brand DAC)

** For the guy who did't used optical port **
1. Open up the case and just take out (unplug) optical connector plug !! U will see the different !!!
note that!! no special tools required just ur finger is enough or if u hav a big hand screw driver can help)

Short Conclusion
The Reason why sound change is because The optical port use the same 5V current as DACs chip as we know that even we didt use them but it will work all the time to dectect if the optical cable is connect or not. ____Skip long explanation ____ It disturb DAC chip .

For me after done this the sound is a lot more clear n smooth u can notice this different immediately !!!

In the case that u want to use optical cable or did't like new sound u can just plug it back whenever u want
** If anyone want the picture of what i hav done just PM me ur email ^^ **

Credit of this method to Thai Engineer that i know ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back