Audio-GD NFB-12
Dec 30, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #1,666 of 2,278

Quote:
Any opposition against audio gd's mess up here is opposed .....

Please explain this statement, it is confusing with a triple negative. 
Also I do not know to what "mess up" you are referring to.

As to  your statement  " Well, that simply isn't true"....well, that simply isn't true, being that the statement 'Can't get anything better for near the price. Still brilliant bang for your buck' is a subjective opinion, by whom it is not quoted.
Perhaps you have a differing opinion on what is a 'Better bang for your buck', in which case we would all enjoy hearing what you think is, and therein we might all consider it in our future purchases. 

Sorry, for the criticism, I am not trying to flame you. 
I am just confused on why you would publish  your thoughts in this manner, and in such a confusing way.

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #1,667 of 2,278
mess up:

Releasing two different products under the exact same name. It's like shure release the se530, and a few months down the line they decide to make this thing evolve into what the current se535 is BUT don't tell their customers and call it and sell it as the original se530.

This is a genuine massive mistake. I've never heard of another company do it for another product ever in my life. It must be just a fundamental law really. If you can't see this, then well i'm not sure what to say. 

Putting cutomizable filters in their product is a Huge change from the original, especially if we put this thing into context and remember what were dealing with- 'audiophile' amps and dacs.

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #1,668 of 2,278
Thank you.
Now I understand what it is that you were trying to say. 
Definitely, I agree with you on this, even a version number would have been helpful. But in many important ways it ought to have had a new designation I think. Perhaps NFB-12 Pro, or NFB-12 adjustable.
In many ways I think audio-gd should consider having, or allowing someone more familiar with the English language to edit their product copy and website information. There a few times when it is unclear what it is that Kingwa is attempting to say. 
I believe that there are even some sales which are not completed due to this inadequacy of the written english.
Heck, I would gladly do it for them, if asked.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #1,669 of 2,278
Their products are so cost effective......just deal with it, or move on. Perfection doesn't come cheap....if at all.

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #1,670 of 2,278
Dwinnert : I believe this to be an open forum, and in this thread, to be a discussion of the NFB-12
for your information here is a definition of a forum.

forum |ˈfôrəm|noun ( pl. forums )1 a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged: it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views.
I for one love the cost effectiveness of their products, and am currently very much enjoying the NFB-12.
I like there product so much I take the time and effort to help others with a question or concern or opinion of the device, and even am offering my services to help them do better in sales.
Do you own or are you considering the purchase of the NFB-12?
Do you have a question or concern so regarding this unit?
But, If you are frustrated with this discussion, then take your own advice and move on, or simply not read any further posts.

Jan 1, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #1,671 of 2,278
Exactly.

It's ridiculous- 'Don't complain about any amp/dac under £200. It's just so dirt cheap man!' I spend +£200 on iem's I don't even use without  realising, but that's not the point here.

I don't care if the product was a fiver, if something goes against the principles of what form an honest seller, then i'll complain about it, especially if this seller is reputable and known. I bought a genuine mobile phone cable for £1.50, but it came as clearly faulty. I gave it back (with non refundable postage of around £1.50) to the seller as I simply don't like to be ripped off.

My reasoning was: 

a) If I kept it I would have technically have been ripped off.

b) If I sent it back I would at least eat into the sellers time, for they want to avoid negative feedback. This repays me. In fact they understood my reasons and thanked me for giving them a chance to improve their services.  

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #1,672 of 2,278
Do the NFB-12 support bit-match playback?

Jan 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #1,673 of 2,278

Quote:
Dwinnert : I believe this to be an open forum, and in this thread, to be a discussion of the NFB-12
for your information here is a definition of a forum.

forum |ˈfôrəm|noun ( pl. forums )1 a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged: it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views.
I for one love the cost effectiveness of their products, and am currently very much enjoying the NFB-12.
I like there product so much I take the time and effort to help others with a question or concern or opinion of the device, and even am offering my services to help them do better in sales.
Do you own or are you considering the purchase of the NFB-12?
Do you have a question or concern so regarding this unit?
But, If you are frustrated with this discussion, then take your own advice and move on, or simply not read any further posts.

You should take your own advise before posting this......I was just posting my opinion, which is what a forum is for.

And yes, I do own an NFB-12.....

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #1,674 of 2,278

Hi, today I have get NFB-12. But my AKG K 702 is still on the way.

DAC I bought directly from Audio-DG. I have used DHL (to The Czech Republic). Declared price was really $ 50, but the duty was calculated from the price of $ 100.
DAC is beautifully and healthy warm. DAC is warm as well as my NAD amplifier.

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #1,675 of 2,278
Hi all, I just brought NFB-12 from someone in local forum. I plug usb with the same setting as mr. Brooco. Here I compare my Fiio E10 that I got earlier to boost my HD555 (modded). It's hard to say I love NFB-12, couse lack in transparent mid-hi frequency and the midrange not realy as good as I expected. I don't understand why Fiio E10 with crap in power supply slightly better sound.
I want to ask, Its worth to upgrade some caps in digital section with sanyo oscon maybe, or change caps in analog section with other better caps? just my curious, sorry with my bad english.   

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #1,676 of 2,278

Hi, today I have get NFB-12. But my AKG K 702 is still on the way.

DAC I bought directly from Audio-DG. I have used DHL (to The Czech Republic). Declared price was really $ 50, but the duty was calculated from the price of $ 100.
DAC is beautifully and healthy warm. DAC is warm as well as my NAD amplifier.

For me the import duty was actually based on the full $200.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #1,677 of 2,278
My NFB-12 was of the old stock (the first batch.)
It has no filter selection so only default brick wall filter.
But I always wondered about the "dimness" all man keep mentioning about, because I felt nothing of the sort.

Indeed, NFB-12 has a roll off beginning from 8kHz to 20kHz, due to the filter setting.
But it's only 6dB even at the lowest point.
Can you imagining how small that is?
I got a recording interface recently (RME Babyface, very good recording equipment if you know it.)
Added with a condenser microphone, I was able to to some headphone FR test.
Here's two example:

Beyerdynamic T1 with Babyface's Headphone out:

74a70597e6ecbeee84ecf07a8c06b63f.jpg

Here's with NFB-12:

9d47d0a702f4430351b6067a575704d7.jpg

I can't really see any difference in the high FR difference that was resulting from the small 6dB roll off of the filter setting.....

So it really is not a big issue with me.

BUT, 
the USB input is very problematic!!
I don't know what Audio-GD had done wrong, but their TE7022 receiver part is not setup correctly!
What ever computer I used and what ever systems, software I've tried, the thing would no get correct 24/96 kHz sample data
It would ACCEPT such input from USB, but somehow distort or resample it so only below 44kHz in really into the DAC.
So it got terrible distortion with high res data, (16bits/44kHz is all right)
It's fine when I switched to optical feeding from the babyface, no fake resample at all.
So the USB receiver is not really working with 24bits/96kHz high res but only working properly with 44kHz data.

The computer I tried including PC, notebook, MAC. Software with ASIO4ALL under windows XP, WASPI under Windows 7.
All to the same result.

THAT's not proper.......
 They should fix it really......

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #1,678 of 2,278
Every gears before shipping we have multi-ply test to guarantee the fault unit less than 1% in some years use .
The USB 96K/24Bit playback ability is one of the test.
We have two way to check. One is playback the 96KHz waves show on the instruments.
The other is check the word clock through the frequency instrument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back