Audio-GD NFB-12
Dec 29, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #106 of 2,278

If I understand the page correctly you still have a chance of pre-ordering a NFB-12 before 1 jan. and it can be shipped by 28 jan. but if you order a NFB-12 (and/or maybe NFB-11) you will get a discount but the shipping will be much later. after february.

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #107 of 2,278

Quote:

If I understand the page correctly you still have a chance of pre-ordering a NFB-12 before 1 jan. and it can be shipped by 28 jan. but if you order a NFB-12 (and/or maybe NFB-11) you will get a discount but the shipping will be much later. after february.

That's what I gleaned as well so I ended up just springing for the Sparrow version A. I've read that it works well with my D2000 so all is not lost. To all who got in the pre-order, let us know how it sounds when you get it! 

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #108 of 2,278

The Sparrow Version A seams to be quite close to the NFB-12. And you will probably get it shipped quicker then my NFB-12 that i pre-ordered a month ago :p

But i saw that the Sparrow don't have the DAC out, as the NFB-12 has.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #109 of 2,278
They must have got a ton of NFB-12 orders. I bet Kingwa is kicking himself for not setting the promo price higher. Glad I got my order in.

Quote:
That's what I gleaned as well so I ended up just springing for the Sparrow version A. I've read that it works well with my D2000 so all is not lost. To all who got in the pre-order, let us know how it sounds when you get it! 

The Sparrow is a still very good, and pretty much equivalent unit. You're only really losing out on the extras connections and controls which you may not need, SQ itself should be very similar.

In my case, I decided to get the NFB-12 to use it as my dedicated DAC and semi-portable unit for travelling. Sparrow fit the bill fine at the time and didn't disappoint in the slightest, but I didn't see myself getting a tube amp and some speakers in future. You know, upgradeitis and all.

Dec 30, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #110 of 2,278
So the NFB-12 is basically the same thing as the sparrow right? What is the extra dac chip used for?

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #111 of 2,278

If you compare the NFB-12 to Sparrow Version A After 9 Dec (new SPDIF interface) the are quite close.
The Differences that I found are:
* NFB-12 hase dual WM8741
* NFB-12 Has 2 RCA for Dac-out with can be fixed/veriable signal.
* NFB-12 is 0.1kg heavier and drains 2 more watts (According to spec).

And the Most importend thing!
NFB-12 is 200USD (promo).
Sparrow Version A(USB) is 240USD.
So the NFB-12 maybe is the replacement for the sparrow? as Kingwa said that the sparrow and fun cannot be improved more?

Well, with two chips, you can handle each channel in a single chip, and get out better performance. in this case better SNR. the having 2 channels in a single chip.

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #112 of 2,278

Quote:

If you compare the NFB-12 to Sparrow Version A After 9 Dec (new SPDIF interface) the are quite close.
The Differences that I found are:
* NFB-12 hase dual WM8741
* NFB-12 Has 2 RCA for Dac-out with can be fixed/veriable signal.
* NFB-12 is 0.1kg heavier and drains 2 more watts (According to spec).

And the Most importend thing!
NFB-12 is 200USD (promo).
Sparrow Version A(USB) is 240USD.
So the NFB-12 maybe is the replacement for the sparrow? as Kingwa said that the sparrow and fun cannot be improved more?

Well, with two chips, you can handle each channel in a single chip, and get out better performance. in this case better SNR. the having 2 channels in a single chip.

Thanks for the clarifying that and that helps a ton.  Audio-GD seems to have a winner here and can't wait to hear impressions from those people who ordered back in november.

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #113 of 2,278

I gotten a bit bored at work today and went in tho Audio-GD chines forum with google translate. in a thread about shipping of the NFB-12 i found this following post at 12/21/2010:
我们骨干员工出国游去了,发货会有所拖延。Google translate -> We travel abroad to key employees, and delivery will be delayed.

Found this on: http://bbs.audio-gd.com/dispbbs.asp?boardid=2&Id=25201

This and the announcement about stoping preordes, means that the units have a good chance for further delays, but not further then 28 jan....

Dec 30, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #114 of 2,278
I hadn't seen your post, BuFFys, and had sent an email for clarification. It was confirmed that yes, if you order any of the products (namely the NFB-12) before January 1st, it will be shipped by January 28th at the latest. After the 1st, you can still order their products, but they will not be done in time to be shipped out before the festival (I guess they're really backed up!). Since they don't get back to the office until after the 10th of February, estimated shipping will be delayed until the 15th at the earliest (which makes any January-orders a pre-order). Because of that delay, some of their products will have a small discount.

I'm not sure how obvious that was to everyone else when they first read it, but I hope that clears up anyone else's queries about the message.
I myself still cannot decide if I'm patient enough to get the discount, or if I should just order it tonight and end my indecision...

Dec 30, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #115 of 2,278
[size=10pt][size=10pt]It´s always good with confirmation! But unfortunately the window for ordering is less then one day =(, if you not up for the discount and wait![/size][/size]

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #117 of 2,278

Quote:
I asked about the NFB-12 a few days ago and was informed that I cannot order it right now.

Odd, because I was given the impression that I could place my order immediately. Perhaps you could follow up with them (if you're quick)?
My email was answered with 4hrs, so I don't if that was lucky timing or what, but at least the email problems seem to have disappeared.

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #118 of 2,278
wow that would really suck. i waited to order the nfb-11 and now they cancelled it, so the only one left that attracts me nfb-12 and now we can't order it again?!?

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #119 of 2,278
I just got an email from Edwin. Mine should go out Jan 2nd or 3rd. Hopefully that's when all of them are going out.

Dec 31, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #120 of 2,278
I pulled the trigger and put my order in... I just couldn't force myself to wait the couple additional weeks on top of the month that I'm already waiting.
Can't wait to hear some first impressions for everyone who was a bit faster on their purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back