Audio-gd NFB-11 and Schiit Jotunheim debate!

Who is the winner?

• Audio-GD NFB-11

• Schiit Jotunheim

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 28, 2017 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sonic2911

100+ Head-Fier
Which is best pair with HD650?
NFB-11 : $340
Jot: $520
(both are total price include shipping and fee)
I don't have balanced cable now, but not sure how much is it better than unbalanced, is it worth it for HD650? Not looking for OTL atm, because I have no DAC/amp now, solid is safe choice now because I could have a pair of speaker, or upgrade to planar cans later. I do like OTL, the last one I have is LD MK3, if I still keep the HD650, I would get one later.

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 4
If you don't have a balanced cable, don't get the Jot, it's a waste. The Jot is a better amp overall but you're wasting 3/4 of the power when you use it SE.

I probably wouldn't get either with the HD650, personally. I'd go with a Project Solstice or Ember in that price range... do you have a DAC?

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #4 of 4
If you don't have a balanced cable, don't get the Jot, it's a waste. The Jot is a better amp overall but you're wasting 3/4 of the power when you use it SE.

I probably wouldn't get either with the HD650, personally. I'd go with a Project Solstice or Ember in that price range... do you have a DAC?
I don't really like the project ember because of open design. It's dust magnet and my desk have a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back