Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Sep 30, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #2,071 of 2,556
Found another finicky thing about the M11 after much experimenting.

Sounds best when warmed up for at least 1-2 days. However, leave it on too long (let's say a week and a half) and the sound quality starts going down (increase in brightness, reduced bass). Do a quick 30 second restart (off and on) and sound is back to normal and good for another week or so.

This is not just placebo either... I am not imagining things lol. I have observed this same pattern occurring so many times now.

Must be the reason why a while ago I read something about Kingwa suggesting a restart every now and then to reset the DSP if you are a person who keeps the M11 on all the time.

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #2,072 of 2,556
Add independent 2rail power tcxo, isolate digital and audio transformers(disturb each other)
result-
No need warm up,sound detailed in a first minutes!!

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #2,073 of 2,556
  Add independent 2rail power tcxo, isolate digital and audio transformers(disturb each other)
result-
No need warm up,sound detailed in a first minutes!!

Does this affect the DAC-side or the amp? Say if you were running a separate dac would you need such a long warm-up? I am not sure since I have my setup running pretty much all the time. I should make some tests.

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #2,074 of 2,556
  Anyone experienced channel imbalance? Happened twice to me today. Left channel gets couple dB weaker. Returns to normal when adjusting volume.

What headphones are you using?

Are they made of primarily metal construction by any chance?

When the channel imbalance occurred, did you hear the volume relays change?

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #2,075 of 2,556

What headphones are you using?

Are they made of primarily metal construction by any chance?

When the channel imbalance occurred, did you hear the volume relays change?

Happened with Audeze LCD3. No relays clicking. Other channel just dropped couple dB. Happened again yesterday. Never happened on my other headphones before. I was using balanced connection. It takes some fiddling with the volume knob to get the channels matched again.

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #2,076 of 2,556
Actually now I get channel imbalance with all headphones. It starts around 30-40 and lower I go the worse it gets. At 00 right side is still playing at decent volume while left side is completely silent.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #2,077 of 2,556
  Actually now I get channel imbalance with all headphones. It starts around 30-40 and lower I go the worse it gets. At 00 right side is still playing at decent volume while left side is completely silent.

Faulty gain stages?

I think its best to speak to Kingwa/Grace. 

Sep 30, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #2,078 of 2,556
What do you guys think of the Singxer SU-1?

Would it be a significant upgrade over the Amanero USB?

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #2,079 of 2,556
What do you guys think of the Singxer SU-1?

Would it be a significant upgrade over the Amanero USB?

I've just ordered a SU-1 from Kitsune Hifi (highly recommended). Should be arriving Monday. 

From what i've read, there seems to be unanimous agreement that the Singxer is a big step up from the Amanero.

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #2,080 of 2,556
That will likely push me over the edge..  I was going to wait and see if Kingwa is going to release a new XMOS usb interface, but the SU-1 is calling.

It's probably a good bet. I don't think there's much wrong with the existing XMOS that would require upgrade on their part.

A couple of people have tried installing the F1 internally (see m7 thread) but it's far from straightforward and apparently requires mods and external power to approach SU1. I was going to save money on HDMI cable - or that was the theory haha.

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #2,081 of 2,556
I may be turning crazy but Surface Book's audio seems sublime with HEK, yes a laptop! Tops my whole system in clarity, positioning and highs. This may have to do with getting so used to NOS sound or there must be something seriously bottlenecking my system. I will shut down my system because it's been running for more than a week without cooldown and try tomorrow again. I will also compare how my cans sound with M11's dac. I urge anyone interested try a surface book in a store with your own cans and prove me wrong.

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #2,083 of 2,556
F1(or SU1) is big improvement over Amanero. I took the journey -> USB32, Amanero and now F1  on DAC19/NOS.
F1 is beast, completely in different league..
L3000.gif

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #2,084 of 2,556
F1(or SU1) is big improvement over Amanero. I took the journey -> USB32, Amanero and now F1  on DAC19/NOS.
F1 is beast, completely in different league..:L3000:  
I concur! I have Master 11 with Amanero. The SU-1 is much better at everything. Now can use the I2S input. The sp/dif output on the SU-1 is incredible as well.

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #2,085 of 2,556
Hi All,

I recently purchased the Master 11 HDMI i2s kit.

Can anyone tell me where the 3.3v line needs to be soldered? I can't find an obvious point on the dac board. A picture would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

Back