Audio-gd impressions?
Jan 20, 2011 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Xozz

Head-Fier
Hey all,

Just about to dip my toe into buying a headphone amp within the next month or so for my beyers, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to order the audio-gd nfb 12. Thing is...I'm just a little leery about plopping over 200 bucks on my first amp without really knowing anything about the reputation of the company. Especially since I doubt I could return it, seeing as it's shipped from china. I was just wondering if anyone here has anything to say about audio-gd, good or bad, and if its a good idea or not.

P.S. Been looking on the site...how exactly do you order? 

P.P.S. If anyone is feeling generous, would you mind explaining what the different modes on the switches mean? Being a noob I have no idea what anything like the output or gain settings mean. Heres the pic http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB11/NFB121.jpg

Thanks!

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 3
Audio-gd is a pretty established name on Head-Fi, people have given many of their headphone amps and DACs  good reviews.

About the switches:
Output switches between the headphone jack and the RCA-outs on the back. HP stands for headphones, with "variable," the volume knob will adjust the volume and with "fixed," the volume level is, well, fixed. "Variable" is for use as a preamplifier and "fixed" is for use as a standalone DAC. Headphones makes use of the NFB-12's built-in headphone amp, and routes the signal through the jack.
Gain adjusts the overall volume of the NFB-12 between high and low, depending on how demanding your headphones are.
Input chooses between the inputs of the NFB-12; USB, coaxial or optical provides the digital signal.

You can probably order by sending them an e-mail. Ask for a price quote, given your shipping location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back