Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Jan 27, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #46 of 520
I have really high hopes for the 75Ohm out. My afterdark X1 needs this!

Jan 27, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #47 of 520
This is the part that I'm really interest in. In theory, that would sync the clocks for the two devices and should be good. Thanks.
Yeah. I will run another test removing synch by selecting the internal as outputted clock. This issue is this can make my streamer freeze. It needs a constant signal clock. I will also compare with direct clock out. Soon.

Jan 27, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #48 of 520
Another piece of info. I spoke to Kingwa about outputting the external signal from the di24he. There is a rebuffering occuring and noise can possibly go down by using this output instead of going directly out of the clock.
He obviously tested it, otherwise it wouldn't be such option.

Jan 27, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #50 of 520
Yeah. I will run another test removing synch by selecting the internal as outputted clock. This issue is this can make my streamer freeze. It needs a constant signal clock. I will also compare with direct clock out. Soon.
So there is two types of clock outputs...both comes from the DI24HE?

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #51 of 520
So there is two types of clock outputs...both comes from the DI24HE?
You have the choice to output the incoming external clock if one is connected. If two are connected, you get the selected one i guess. Otherwise, the only choice is "internal". This outputs from the built-in 10M generator.

Jan 27, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #52 of 520
@Cryptkeeper

I bought that furutech 106-d wall plate cover for $70 on amazon, burned all my rewards points on it.

Jan 27, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #54 of 520
Jan 27, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #55 of 520
That means I am keeping my DI20HE for sure😅 - thanks for this info!

but the port says “multiduty” specifically on 75Ohm input.

Yeah that "Multiduty" is something noteworthy, it doesn't say on the site what that means but hope it is a multi function like spdif-clock input combo.

Also I saw some coax to usb adapters, does that work? Is it okay to use something like that?

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #56 of 520
Yeah that "Multiduty" is something noteworthy, it doesn't say on the site what that means but hope it is a multi function like spdif-clock input combo.
Multiduty, multi purpose or multi function as you wish. I expect it will require flashing specific firmware to change function rather than having selectable option on the menu. S/PDIF is a primary candidate. Both for input and/or output.
Also I saw some coax to usb adapters, does that work? Is it okay to use something like that?
If you mean USB to coax converters, yes. Like Douk Audio U2 / Pro or Matrix S/PDIF 3.

Jan 27, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #57 of 520
Multiduty, multi purpose or multi function as you wish. I expect it will require flashing specific firmware to change function rather than having selectable option on the menu. S/PDIF is a primary candidate. Both for input and/or output.

If you mean USB to coax converters, yes. Like Douk Audio U2 / Pro or Matrix S/PDIF 3.
Yeah it for sure requires a firmware to make it work like an spdif.

By coax to usb adapters I am not referring to the matrix, but rather something like this. I saw some from aurrender as well
but kind of expensive, this one's pretty cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpeg
    IMG_4078.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 0
Jan 27, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #58 of 520
By coax to usb adapters I am not referring to the matrix, but rather something like this. I saw some from aurrender as well
but kind of expensive, this one's pretty cheap.
Looks different, but works exactly the same. Question should be raised about clock. It is a place where synchronous datastream is created, so clock is important. With U2 you can order ultra-low jitter clocks version. A Pro version can also work as grounds loop redirector (a poorman DDC) if used with external power supply.

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #59 of 520
Incoming R8HE MKIII next week.
Do i need mandatory a DI20/24 to unleash the beast or is the unit fine as it is, so can live easy without it?:gs1000smile:
mainly because i have a little problem with buying 1 unit and then i need e second unit for unit 1 to sound good.
Any opinions?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back