Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #361 of 471
yes, the spdif input replaces the 75 ohm input.
for the other question I still don't know why it has to come to me
Maybe they told you while preparing it for you. Surprised you did not ask :sweat_smile:

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #364 of 471
I just updated my unit with the new firmware provided from AGD website. After following the guides posted in the thread, I have successfully updated the firmware (according to the message from the Quartus software).

After finish updating the firmware, now my unit is not recognized by my computer anymore (running Windows 11). Does anyone have encounter the same issue?

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #365 of 471
I just updated my unit with the new firmware provided from AGD website. After following the guides posted in the thread, I have successfully updated the firmware (according to the message from the Quartus software).

After finish updating the firmware, now my unit is not recognized by my computer anymore (running Windows 11). Does anyone have encounter the same issue?
Assuming you are using USB, just reinstall the USB driver

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #367 of 471

Does the display show the normal/stock information as before?

Maybe it switched to SPDIF as input?

Mar 29, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #370 of 471
Did you press the little button next to the update port? That will wipe the USB Amanero firmware which could explain why the device is no longer recognised.
Thank you for the info! I did press it when I was updating the firmware. I thought I need to press the button when plugging the USB blaster to the unit. Let this be a lesson for anyone else that is trying to upgrade the firmware

You will likely have to re-flash the Amanero. Follow http://www.audio-gd.com/Firmware/AmaneroforWinEN.htm

Thank you so much for the help, my unit is working properly now! :beyersmile: So far I'm loving the sound quality upgrade from the new firmware

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #371 of 471
Note to self : do not press the update port button.

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #372 of 471
Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #373 of 471
Hi,
I have installed quartus 13.1 on laptop as 12.1 is no longer available.
I connected the blaster to the input socket on DI-24 and the usb cable to laptop that has windows 10. Started the Quartus software and when I select programmer then hardware setup and use the drop down menu for currently selected hardware nothing is available just has the No Hardware option?
Have I missed something as I want to upgrade the firmware?
Thanks

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #374 of 471
Hi,
I have installed quartus 13.1 on laptop as 12.1 is no longer available.
I connected the blaster to the input socket on DI-24 and the usb cable to laptop that has windows 10. Started the Quartus software and when I select programmer then hardware setup and use the drop down menu for currently selected hardware nothing is available just has the No Hardware option?
Have I missed something as I want to upgrade the firmware?
Thanks
Usually, it is because the driver for the usb blaster is not properly installed. Uninstall it from the device manager and have windows search for a driver within the Altera folder.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #375 of 471
Usually, it is because the driver for the usb blaster is not properly installed. Uninstall it from the device manager and have windows search for a driver within the Altera folder.
Hi, Did that a few times and when I select the folder in the altera for the drivers it just keeps saying the best drivers for your device are already installed. This is in Device manager of usb blaster. usb blaster error.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back