Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Mar 9, 2024 at 8:41 PM Post #271 of 549
Mar 9, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #273 of 549
Did you give it a burn-in? What sort of mods?
I had it done by Coherent Systems uk
"The PSU in the audio GD; some big gains in there plus a couple of updates on the DDC"

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #274 of 549
Mar 9, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #275 of 549
I had it done by Coherent Systems uk
"The PSU in the audio GD; some big gains in there plus a couple of updates on the DDC"
Quite a vague description. Only psu is on the amanero board. There is a CPLD and an FPGA,.which are not psus per say and can't possibly be replaced without new fw.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #276 of 549
Quite a vague description. Only psu is on the amanero board. There is CPLD and an FPGA,.which are not psus per say and can't possibly be replaced without new fw.
I didn't delve into the detail of what was done.
Trust the guy, having had a number of pieces improved by him.

Edit
And he'd worked on a few DI-20HE units for customers.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #277 of 549
I didn't delve into the detail of what was done.
Trust the guy, having had a number of pieces improved by him.
Seems liké the a22 has no clock input and likely redoes timing from scratch. So an ext clock should not bring any improvement. Get the Gustard's big brother or an audio-gd.

Mar 9, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #278 of 549
Seems liké the a22 has no clock input and likely redoes timing from scratch. So an ext clock should not bring any improvement. Get the Gustard's big brother or an audio-gd.
Have a Tubulus Argentus I2S from DDC to Dac.

Not looking to upgrade my Dac at present.
Has a signature I really like.
May be my end Dac.
Or at least for awhile.

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #280 of 549
I would add a clock to my DDC.
But not LHY.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #281 of 549
I previously owned the DI-20HE and loved it. The SPDIF output from the DI-20HE was better than the SPDIF output from a Lumin U2 so when I had both units, the Lumin U2 fed USB to the DI-20HE and the DI-20HE fed SPDIF to the DACs.

I now have the DI-24HE for about two weeks. It's sounding very good. And for a week now I've been using an Aune SC1 clock. I initially tried a very pricey 75 ohm cable to feed a square wave signal to the DI-24HE. I did sense the clock making things better. This is with the clock and the DI-24HE likely not fully broken in yet. Then I installed a 50 ohm RG316 cable from Amazon in series with a Mini Circuits BLP-10.7+ filter. This combo was put on one of the sine wave outputs of the Aune SC1 clock. The total cost of this cable and filter is much less than the first cable. Not only was the price better but the sound was better as well. This 50ohm cable and filter is hitting well above its weight. The music gained a nice pop to the sound and things seemed to snap into place a little better.

The DI-24HE feeds I2S to a Musetec MH-DA005 DAC via a Tubulus Concentus V2 I2S cable. The Amazon 50 ohm cable is from SDTC Tech. It's an HD-SDI RF316 Cable. I also have the chasis of the DI-24HE grounded using a Puritan Audio Groundmaster.

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #282 of 549
I previously owned the DI-20HE and loved it. The SPDIF output from the DI-20HE was better than the SPDIF output from a Lumin U2 so when I had both units, the Lumin U2 fed USB to the DI-20HE and the DI-20HE fed SPDIF to the DACs.

I now have the DI-24HE for about two weeks. It's sounding very good. And for a week now I've been using an Aune SC1 clock. I initially tried a very pricey 75 ohm cable to feed a square wave signal to the DI-24HE. I did sense the clock making things better. This is with the clock and the DI-24HE likely not fully broken in yet. Then I installed a 50 ohm RG316 cable from Amazon in series with a Mini Circuits BLP-10.7+ filter. This combo was put on one of the sine wave outputs of the Aune SC1 clock. The total cost of this cable and filter is much less than the first cable. Not only was the price better but the sound was better as well. This 50ohm cable and filter is hitting well above its weight. The music gained a nice pop to the sound and things seemed to snap into place a little better.

The DI-24HE feeds I2S to a Musetec MH-DA005 DAC via a Tubulus Concentus V2 I2S cable. The Amazon 50 ohm cable is from SDTC Tech. It's an HD-SDI RF316 Cable. I also have the chasis of the DI-24HE grounded using a Puritan Audio Groundmaster.
using 75ohm cable on a 50Ohm Masterclock?

Or possible to get the Aune in 75Ohm configuration?

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #284 of 549
Hello everyone, from São Paulo, Brazil.

I'm currently using the Di20HE and R7HEMK3 DACs with a Mutec clock. I would appreciate some guidance.

1) Would they both prefer a square or sine wave? (I've got a Mini-Circuits BLP somewhere, then the question would be... where to use it)

2) Because I am already using the Mutec's 2-50 Ohms outputs (Streamer and DI20HE), I am feeding the DAC with a 10MHz, 75 Ohms output (despite the DAC's spec input of 50 Ohms) and a 75 Ohms cable. This sounds marginally better to me than using the internal clock or a 50-Ohm cable. I'm considering whether to stay like this or upgrade to the new DI24HE, which I'd order with a 75 Ohms clock input. Does it make sense to upgrade? I appreciate the Di20HE's dark, meaty sound. Opinions?

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #285 of 549
Hello everyone, from São Paulo, Brazil.

I'm currently using the Di20HE and R7HEMK3 DACs with a Mutec clock. I would appreciate some guidance.

1) Would they both prefer a square or sine wave? (I've got a Mini-Circuits BLP somewhere, then the question would be... where to use it)

2) Because I am already using the Mutec's 2-50 Ohms outputs (Streamer and DI20HE), I am feeding the DAC with a 10MHz, 75 Ohms output (despite the DAC's spec input of 50 Ohms) and a 75 Ohms cable. This sounds marginally better to me than using the internal clock or a 50-Ohm cable. I'm considering whether to stay like this or upgrade to the new DI24HE, which I'd order with a 75 Ohms clock input. Does it make sense to upgrade? I appreciate the Di20HE's dark, meaty sound. Opinions?
Getting a better 50-ohm cable for the dac would be my suggestion. Like the Harmonic Technology many bought. Or a Tubulus Concentus (beware, it's stiff). Or else try the dac with a sine and the mini circuit. Your 75ohm cable should be fine. The Mini-Circuits has to keep the 10mhz freq intact of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back