Audio-GD DI-20
Apr 10, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #4,756 of 5,353
Aah you wanna know if it will be a obvious difference in sound clocking two different impedance 50/75?

No problem Gustard has made a "magic" cable(C2) that will solve all the problems. It has the adaptive design so 50 or 75....even 125Ohm yes yes.....SARCASM at its finest here...

My google searches.
"Every single time you have a mismatch in impedance, say between a 50 Ohm Coaxial Cable and a 75 Ohm Coaxial Connector (i.e. BNC), a standing wave develops. A standing wave is a signal reflection that is essentially wasted. Every time a 50 and 75 Ohm Impedance mismatch occurs, about 5% of the signal is lost."

"If the impedances aren't matched, maximum power will not be delivered. In addition, standing waves will develop along the line. This means the load doesn't absorb all of the power sent down the line."

The question is how noticeable are these differences in audio, thats what you are asking?
No 😉 as i wrote ealier, I am aware that it has to match. 50 to 50 and 75 to 75. But are there any differences going with 50 ohm components instead of 75 ohm? If you know about that 🤗 i think sound quality wise.

Apr 10, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #4,757 of 5,353
But are there any differences going with 50 ohm components instead of 75 ohm? If you know about that 🤗 i think sound quality wise.
50 Ohm is more common, there are more cables on the market. If your source have 50 Ohm output, don't bother with 75 Ohm option.

Apr 11, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #4,760 of 5,353
No 😉 as i wrote ealier, I am aware that it has to match. 50 to 50 and 75 to 75. But are there any differences going with 50 ohm components instead of 75 ohm? If you know about that 🤗 i think sound quality wise.
There is no difference in sound quality, but usually manufacturers do not provide different physical BNC connectors. They offer instead a PCB based workaround and the same type of BNC input/output (either 50 or 75 ohm) will be used anyway.

Apr 11, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #4,761 of 5,353
50 Ohm is more common, there are more cables on the market. If your source have 50 Ohm output, don't bother with 75 Ohm option.
Are you sure about that? At high end audio cable dealers I only see a few 75 and not a single 50 Ohm cable. In the master clock thread folks order their 50 Ohm clock cables from Taiwan or over eBay from Asia or US.

Apr 12, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #4,762 of 5,353
Are you sure about that? At high end audio cable dealers I only see a few 75 and not a single 50 Ohm cable. In the master clock thread folks order their 50 Ohm clock cables from Taiwan or over eBay from Asia or US.
50 is standard in professional audio. No snake oil audio cable dealers in that market.

Apr 12, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #4,763 of 5,353
50 is standard in professional audio. No snake oil audio cable dealers in that market.
I guess it´s the other way around as @gimmeheadroom mentioned a few times... 75 Ohm in pro audio...

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #4,764 of 5,353
I guess it´s the other way around as @gimmeheadroom mentioned a few times... 75 Ohm in pro audio...
If I remember correctly @gimmeheadroom was talking about professional audio (recording studios) using legacy word clock standard, not a new 10MHz clock. A difference is that output of the clock is changing according to the current sample rate (like on DI-20 output). It can be even two separate links, one for 44.1 and other for 48kHz family. Setup is complicated, it require constant user supervision.

10mHz clock is universal, much more flexible, maintenance-free. 50 Ohms impedance is widely used in professional industry, lab equipment, HAM radio, microvawe communication, military radar installations and most recently in cellphone towers. It is also where physical 10MHz crystal oscilators and the whole idea of a fixed frequency clock synchronisation came from.

Apr 17, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #4,765 of 5,353
spent the last two days struggling to get my DI20 working again, stopped working randomly when I woke up. I manually deleted the amanero usb driver with usbdview utility, pretty handy. didn't help. I ended up having to use the windows 11 RESET MY PC function and that fixed it. Very strange.
edit: just want to say the DI20 makes a huge improvement, more than I remember my kitsune singxer su-1 did

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #4,766 of 5,353
Is there a best practice of these modes?

"P" (Parallel) means the signal will be processed internally by the 32 bit (PCM) or 64 bit (DSD) parallel mode . "S" (Serial) means the signal will be processed by the serial mode.

I dont understand serial mode

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #4,767 of 5,353
Is there a best practice of these modes?

"P" (Parallel) means the signal will be processed internally by the 32 bit (PCM) or 64 bit (DSD) parallel mode . "S" (Serial) means the signal will be processed by the serial mode.

I dont understand serial mode
Serial mode is the "normal" way of doing things. Parallel is Audio-GD's custom tech that sounds better if your system is well balanced. Serial sounds softer, slower and muddier but might work in an unbalanced system with too much brightness and sibilance.

Apr 20, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #4,769 of 5,353
In my system, serial mode sounds meatier with more umph while parallel mode sounds softer and less dynamic.

Maybe it depends on the DAC?
Maybe. Similar results with all my dacs though (T+A DAC 8 DSD, COS D2 & Burmester 052).

Apr 20, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #4,770 of 5,353
I thought serial had something to do with running the DI20HE to receive master clock.

I have not tried serial mode, but if P mode is AGD mode, Im staying😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back