Audio-GD DI-20
Nov 4, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #31 of 5,351
Not yet, my credit card rolls over on the 9th and that's when I'll be making the payment. Kingwa said the R7HE and M2H are in stock so they can be shipped immediately, fingers crossed for delivery next week!

The countdown to the 9th is killing me!
Be patient! And then you have months of burning to do on the amp especially.

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #32 of 5,351
Be patient! And then you have months of burning to do on the amp especially.

Oh for sure, a friend of mine is in the speaker selling business so he is listening all the time and it took him 6 months to burn in the Master 2H. He said it went from sounding similar to his class D HypeX NCore monoblock, to categorically better than his favourite class AB amplifier worth over US$9000!

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #34 of 5,351
Oh for sure, a friend of mine is in the speaker selling business so he is listening all the time and it took him 6 months to burn in the Master 2H. He said it went from sounding similar to his class D HypeX NCore monoblock, to categorically better than his favourite class AB amplifier worth over US$9000!
The m3 is no doubt better than ncores, on all aspects. It competes with 15 to 20k amp on paper, and most likely when doing a listening comparison. Acss is substantial part of this great recipe.

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #35 of 5,351
The m3 is no doubt better than ncores, on all aspects. It competes with 15 to 20k amp on paper, and most likely when doing a listening comparison. Acss is substantial part of this great recipe.

Agreed, just bit the bullet and ordered a DI20 90/98< Edition to provide IIS interface into my Audio-GD Master 7/Master 10 combo. ACSS is a step up on other interconnects.i.e RCA/AES. My ACSS cables were custom made by Double Helix. My first Master 7 interface was the Audio-GD DI-2014 with IIS custom mod by Kingwa. Earlier this year I purchased a Gustard U16 and that was a step-up from the DI-2014, I also added an external 10mhz world clock to the Gustard and it has performed well. But always had challenges getting the Gustard USB drivers to install completely on Win19 Core. So when I heard Kingwa was coming out with a new Di and at the promo price I jumped in and ordered. Looking forward to comparing to Gustard U16. I will keep that and use with my Audio-GD Ref 5.32 Headphone rig and flick the DI-2014
Frizzup

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #36 of 5,351
Agreed, just bit the bullet and ordered a DI20 90/98< Edition to provide IIS interface into my Audio-GD Master 7/Master 10 combo. ACSS is a step up on other interconnects.i.e RCA/AES. My ACSS cables were custom made by Double Helix. My first Master 7 interface was the Audio-GD DI-2014 with IIS custom mod by Kingwa. Earlier this year I purchased a Gustard U16 and that was a step-up from the DI-2014, I also added an external 10mhz world clock to the Gustard and it has performed well. But always had challenges getting the Gustard USB drivers to install completely on Win19 Core. So when I heard Kingwa was coming out with a new Di and at the promo price I jumped in and ordered. Looking forward to comparing to Gustard U16. I will keep that and use with my Audio-GD Ref 5.32 Headphone rig and flick the DI-2014
Frizzup
We will all receive it pretty much at the same time it seems (first batch, i mean) . I don't remember Kingwa selling so many of a new item in such little time. Except maybe the r2r 11 but it is an entry level component. One great thing is having included the regeneration for such a reasonable amount. Hard to resist that offer. Looks like a su-6 killer.

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #39 of 5,351
Information from Kingwa's web forum, a board admin of the forum visited Kingwa and he compared CD7 and DI-20he as transport, Mac with stock hard drive vs flash drive, and raspberry pi with flash drive and Kingwa's power supply as source.
http://bbs.audio-gd.com/dispbbs.asp?boardid=2&Id=31325&page=1&star=3
http://bbs.audio-gd.com/dispbbs.asp?boardid=2&Id=31325&page=1&star=4

Below, I post the translation of his posts about the impression here, most of them done by google translate and I adjust it a little bit on the translation only:

"Compared with the DI20 of the regenerative power supply, the sound of the CD7 is relatively compressed, and the sound image localization is relatively vague. In summary, the DI20 is like high definition, the CD7 belongs to the standard definition, and the voice of the human voice is obviously two different levels. As for the BNC and HDMI connections, each has its own characteristics."
201911811321948392.jpg

"The above CD transport and the digital interface comparison, using the same CD to grab the track out of the file. However, Kingwa’s grasp of the track is not using EAC, and the file qualities are slightly lower. I also tried the Raspberry Pi in the same field and found a strange phenomenon. The flash drive does have a great impact on the sound quality. The specific performance is that the same file, Apple laptop's stock hard drive is the best, followed by the flash drive in the Raspberry Pi, the worst is the flash drive in the Apple laptop, the following picture is the Raspberry PI made by Kingwa specifically for his old friends, Pure A DC power supply, you can put the Raspberry Pi motherboard built in, the small board in the upper left corner is the Raspberry Pi. It is said that this power supply is compatible with rock64 board. Although this integrated Raspberry Pi design is not original, according to the experience of the younger brother, the parallel regulated DC power supply is powered by rock64, which is better than Taobao's STUDER linear power supply. Regardless of the convenience of use, the sound quality of Kingwa's power supply is worth looking forward to. In addition, the regenerative version and the normal version of the interface has huge difference , so basically listen to the regenerative version, the younger brother can not help but preach, the user who ordered the regenerative version is not expected to be disappointed."
201911814554089110.jpg

20191181456855678.jpg

"First, when the DI20 plays the track, it is similar to the performance of the CD7FV. Second, users who choose DI20HE are very visionary. Third, If this interface and the coaxial output/input are both Audio-gd's products, the coaxial's performance is better than HDMI."

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #41 of 5,351
I thought IIS was better than SPDIF before.
Kingwa has worked on coaxial acss to improve it, calling it the second generation, and on both the SPDIF sending and receiving side to improve performance, as i understand, These are great news for the HE and regular version buyers. I think in both cases, the Gustard u16 should be beaten. One should consider going acss bnc as it should be at least equal performance, and even better according to this person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back