Audio-GD DAC 100, Any Impressions?
Nov 29, 2008 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

MikeW

Headphoneus Supremus
This dac looks really interesting. Any one heard it? How does it compare to a modded Zero? Almost the same price, but looks alot cleaner and not wasting money on a headamp/pre amp.

Nov 29, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 14
Penchum sometime ago said he was preparing a review, but I never saw it: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4681637-post5952.html

You may want to ask him directly.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #3 of 14
I am also interested in the DAC-100 and their DAC-19SE and would like to see a review... or might just go ahead and buy one
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tubes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the prices for the various models? Thanks.

Phill

ºÎÇ컪Ô*´´ÒôÏì

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #7 of 14
I'm looking at the Audio-GD as well. They seem well made though their English isn't. It's not my native tongue but meh.. According to them the DAC-100 'have musical.'
tongue.gif

Anyone notice the DAC-100 and the Lite DAC-AH share the exact same enclosure?

Nov 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Yes, I noticed that. Build quality doesn't look the best but at those prices I guess you can't quible.

Phill

Sorry, but I am not sure if we are looking at the same pics. The case might not be everybodies taste, but the internals and casework look good to me.

Nov 30, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #11 of 14
I have one DAC-100 with moon inside.
Sound really great.
good job inside and a clean, detail and warm sound.
The enclosure is the same as DAC-AH.
Certainly maybe , there are better dac, but for this Price i'm not sure.

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #12 of 14
rico,
could you tell me more about the audio gd dac. i am interested in buying one from pacific valve, but there is so little detail on the internet about how it sounds and compares. i have and mhdt constantine that i like very much, but want something different for another room. thanks
david

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by djwilbourn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rico,
could you tell me more about the audio gd dac. i am interested in buying one from pacific valve, but there is so little detail on the internet about how it sounds and compares. i have and mhdt constantine that i like very much, but want something different for another room. thanks
david

The DAC of the Audio-gd Compass DAC/Amp is virtually the same as the DAC-100 (apart from the separate power supply and the fact that the Compass DAC also has optical input). You can read impressions by following the links here to get an idea.

Mar 16, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

If you look closer there are wires burned with a soldering iron, not a big deal but there nonetheless.

Phill

I don't think so because as far as I know, the internal white wirings they use are silver plated which can take temperature up to 450 degree C, so it wouldn't be possible being burnt by a soldering iron.. IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back