Audio-gd C2: anyone have one yet?
Mar 3, 2010 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

mace2

Head-Fier
As the title states, are there any impressions on the Audio-gd C2 yet? My birthday is in a month and I was thinking about picking up one of these. I intend to use it with a Denon D2000 and a HeadRoom Micro DAC. It would be my first real amp (using a PA2V2 right now). I know the C2-C is well-liked. I tried searching and couldn't find a real review yet, just some chatter about it...

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 18
It's supposedly quite a step up from the C2-C when using ACSS to another A-GD product, and through RCA if you buy one of the HDAMs rather than using the stock OPA627s. The OPA627s are supposedly slightly better than the C2-C, but can sound dry and thin.

However, it's supposedly an extremely revealing amp, so you may want to consider upgrading to the DAC19 which as I'm told pairs magnificently with it.

I can't comment directly as mine are en route.

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 18
Can't offer any impressions yet as my C-2 is going through customs. I wasn't planning on getting it as I'm really happy with my VHP2. However I've been burning in my DAC 19 DSP and couldn't help wonder what kind of improvement if any the ACSS could be. Especially curious since I am so impressed with the Audio GD DAC19. Definitely the biggest improvement in my system to date. Talking with Kingwa he suggested that I try the Moon Hdam as it will bring a different flavor throught the RCAs. His reasoning was that the Earth Hdam would be quite similiar in sound to the ACSS and with the Moon I could have 2 diffferent sound signatures coming from the C-2. I should have some impressions in a few weeks. I know most say the Audio GD gear takes a considerable time to "burn in" and I can now believe it as my Dac19 keeps improving.

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mace2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As the title states, are there any impressions on the Audio-gd C2 yet? My birthday is in a month and I was thinking about picking up one of these. I intend to use it with a Denon D2000 and a HeadRoom Micro DAC. It would be my first real amp (using a PA2V2 right now). I know the C2-C is well-liked. I tried searching and couldn't find a real review yet, just some chatter about it...

Thanks!

Using it with a DAC 19 DSP.

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #5 of 18
There are far too many 'supposedly' comments for my liking. It would be sweet if someone with other amps could get one
tongue.gif
. Alternatively, you C2 guys could get another amp or two.

You can't blame me for wishful thinking xD.

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 18
Supposedly, one can comment on something that is supposedly supposed to be as much as one purportedly wants to, until one is purportedly satisfied with the purportedly purported information about said purported subject. Supposedly.

Mar 4, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't offer any impressions yet as my C-2 is going through customs. I wasn't planning on getting it as I'm really happy with my VHP2. However I've been burning in my DAC 19 DSP and couldn't help wonder what kind of improvement if any the ACSS could be. Especially curious since I am so impressed with the Audio GD DAC19. Definitely the biggest improvement in my system to date. Talking with Kingwa he suggested that I try the Moon Hdam as it will bring a different flavor throught the RCAs. His reasoning was that the Earth Hdam would be quite similiar in sound to the ACSS and with the Moon I could have 2 diffferent sound signatures coming from the C-2. I should have some impressions in a few weeks. I know most say the Audio GD gear takes a considerable time to "burn in" and I can now believe it as my Dac19 keeps improving.

He said the same thing to me about HDAMs, as well as telling me the OPA627 sounded dry and thin through RCA. I had absolutely no desire to change the sound sig from neutral, as I got the DSP1 version solely to have a very neutral system, so I went with Earth HDAMs.

Mar 4, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Earth HDAM is not exactly neutral. It's a bit dark and has a sweet signature.

It is far more neutral than the Sun and Moon though, and that's from experience with the Compass.

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is far more neutral than the Sun and Moon though, and that's from experience with the Compass.

That is correct. I've yet to find an op-amp that sounds really neutral so perhaps it's a divine sign for me to get started on the β22.
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #15 of 18
Have had mine for almost two weeks. Running both ACSS and RCAs to DAC-19DF at the moment for a little burn-in. Have all three HDAMs, however at the moment do not feel the need to swap out yet....Great amp.....

geek101, sorry don't have 701s to try, but it sounds great so far with Grados to Senns...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back