Audio Fischer Tau or Meelectronics M6
Feb 22, 2011 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DefQon

Headphoneus Supremus
Tau is $34.00 shipped from gd-audiobase and the M6 $32.74 shipped from amazon. Which one of these are better ? Music I listen to is classical, electronic, techno, bit of metal and all rest my songs are bass.
Thanks

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 8
Can you stretch your budget any more? Cause if you want good bass I would suggest you go for Fischer Audio Eterna rev.1

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #4 of 8
Not at this stage no...I just want something light with good sound, not too muddy bass and fairly cheap which I can listen to when I hit the gym or on public transports my other cans are too expensive or outdated for what I'm looking for.

Feb 24, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 8
I've auditioned the Tau for a good few minutes and own a pair of M6. I honestly preferred the bass and overall SQ of my M6s a bit more. The housings are exactly identical, but the driver tunings are a bit different. To my ears the M6 sounded a bit better, and the bass was a few notches higher than that on the Tau.

Feb 24, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #6 of 8
True I've heard that the two are basically close to each other in terms of looks and sound, if not the Tau sounding a bit better in terms of SQ and bass. Maybe your M6 sounded a bit better because they are burned in compared to the Tau which you "auditioned for a good few minutes". Right now I'm leaning towards the M6 clear a bit more then the Tau, as I can't find any or much reviews for it, but there are tons of good reviews and feedback for the M6 and amazon has this special deal discount going on which probably won't last long..

Anymore recommendations or personal experience with either of the two cans would be great.

Thanks

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for the replies I've decided to order both :) Will be using the M6 for gym + abuse and if that breaks, well then I have the Tau for back up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back