Audinst HUD-MX1 vs Fiio E17 24/96 sampling inquiry.
Mar 21, 2012 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JoeMarioZ

New Head-Fier
I have both amplifiers and the fiio E17 has no problem playing my music in 2 channel 24 bit integers, but when I change the settings for the audinst as well music doesn't play. Can the Audinst handle 24 bit sampling? I have only been able to play in 16 bit 96K on the audinst.

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 6
Joe - slightly off topic but could you provide a little commentary on the E17 vs. the HUD-MX1?  Which one do you prefer

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #4 of 6
Well, first, let me say I am still training my ears to high end audio, but for the experience I have, I can definitely tell you that I prefer the Audinst, It makes the sound feel a bit more spacious, and it separates excellently the highs, mids and lows. But the fiio is a very close second, I use the fiio for my portable rig, paired with the B&W C5, and they sound awesome. It is a bit hard for me to differ using the C5, but when I plug in the Q701's you can clearly hear the soudstage is widened with the audinst.

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #5 of 6
You also need to take in account the portability factor... the Audinst can't give you that.

Mar 31, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #6 of 6
Idk man.  Carry it on your shoulder with your laptop in some sort of contraption.  It'll be like the old days with the boombox.

SEEMS PRETTY PORTABLE.  
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back