audigy2 zs question
Aug 23, 2007 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Soymilk

500+ Head-Fier
im trying to figure out how to hook my setup to my computer right now, and i cant seem to get it how i'd like it. i'm trying to have my 2.1 speakers (klipsch promedia 2.1) and my amp->headphones (ppav2->dt770/80) plugged in at the same time, so when i want to use one i just need to turn that one on and the other one off. is it possible? here's how i see the rear-panel jacks right now, from top to bottom:

-digital out
-line in
-mic in
-stereo out
-stereo out? (for use w/ 5.1)
-stereo out? (for use w/ 5.1)
-some fat plug (firewire i think?)

i dont have a dac, so i cant just plug my amp into the digital out, can i? either one works out of the first stereo out, but i want to have both in at once.

edit - my current solution is plugging my amp into the headphone jack on the speakers, but i know this is a less than ideal solution.

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 3
set speaker config to 4/4.1
disable bass redirection

enable CMSS
set CMSS upmix mode to stereo surround and the front/back slider to the centre

this will replicate the main stereo output in the rear outputs, so you can connect your hp amp and speakers at the same time...

you might have front/rear issues in games that automatically detect the speaker configuration and map to quadro-sound instead of plain stereo (i.e. if you can't force stereo mode, you might have problems in games)

I use this method to be able to connect analogue headsets to my computer (since the mic lead is basically attached to the headphone jack and my amp is about 8 feet away from the PC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back