Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Aug 30, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #3,904 of 4,467
Yes, a new patch is coming very soon. There are a few more changes we're looking into before releasing.

Once it releases, patch notes will be provided.
Thanks for the update.
LDAC now works perfect with Eq and my sidetone works fine with slight white noise in the background when no sound is playing, all good!!
I had to pair again following the instructions and without problem.

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #3,906 of 4,467
Just heard audeze sold to Sony. What does this mean for you guys xbox support?
Outsourced to Azerbaijan nost likely and future headsets wont work with xbox full stop. If you plug them into a microsoft product theyll instantly offload malware into the system. The console wars continue.

This is all confirmed btw

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #3,907 of 4,467
Just heard audeze sold to Sony. What does this mean for you guys xbox support?
For current support, warranty and sales it doesn't mean anything. For future products I can almost guarantee that they won't be making xbox certified products anymore. However, they might still bluetooth and PC compatible, and maybe have some sort of basic generic xbox compatibility.

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #3,909 of 4,467
Just have updated my Maxwell Xbox version.
What I noticed immediately is...different white noise when side tone is on. Previously was more delicate to me, maybe I need to get used to it.

But..on previous firmware side tone was collecting all sounds from my whole house and I mean it, from the other room, from the kitchen, from phones (when someone was watching something). I was surprised how powerful is the mic, but ultimately it was disturbing during game sessions.
Now I can hear only myself, I have to get used also to this :)

I really would like ANC and simultaneous BT and dongle audio.
Perhaps in new model?

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #3,910 of 4,467
For current support, warranty and sales it doesn't mean anything. For future products I can almost guarantee that they won't be making xbox certified products anymore. However, they might still bluetooth and PC compatible, and maybe have some sort of basic generic xbox compatibility.
If you have inside information from either Audeze or Sony, (a) thank you for sharing, and (b) probably stay anonymous, especially if you are an employee of either one and if they frown on sharing inside information.

If it’s just your opinion… my opinion is that Sony is spending money on Audeze and will do what returns the most on their investment. If that means not supporting Xbox, then that’s what they’ll do. If that means continuing to offer headphones that support both, that’s what they will do. My bet is on the latter as the former reduces headphone volume and sales. If you believe that Sony not supporting headphones for Xbox will mean more PlayStation sales… that probably is the tail wagging the dog.

But mine is just ***opinion*** and nothing more.

Aug 30, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #3,911 of 4,467
If you have inside information from either Audeze or Sony, (a) thank you for sharing, and (b) probably stay anonymous, especially if you are an employee of either one and if they frown on sharing inside information.

If it’s just your opinion… my opinion is that Sony is spending money on Audeze and will do what returns the most on their investment. If that means not supporting Xbox, then that’s what they’ll do. If that means continuing to offer headphones that support both, that’s what they will do. My bet is on the latter as the former reduces headphone volume and sales. If you believe that Sony not supporting headphones for Xbox will mean more PlayStation sales… that probably is the tail wagging the dog.

I clearly said "I can almost guarantee" which implies that it's my opinion and speculation. Nobody knows, including Audeze employees. Only very high up Sony executives will know, and even then the strategy they are going with with the Audeze brand is not set in stone or finalized. Sony has shown both side of the coin, with heavy exclusivities in some regards, but some willingness to release their exclusives on PC the last few years. But who knows.

Aug 30, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #3,912 of 4,467
I clearly said "I can almost guarantee" which implies that it's my opinion and speculation. Nobody knows, including Audeze employees. Only very high up Sony executives will know, and even then the strategy they are going with with the Audeze brand is not set in stone or finalized. Sony has shown both side of the coin, with heavy exclusivities in some regards, but some willingness to release their exclusives on PC the last few years. But who knows.
Agreed!

Aug 30, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #3,913 of 4,467

You're both incorrect.

We have not been told in any way to discontinue making Xbox products, and in fact we will continue to provide products in the future.

Please wait while we provide more information of our plans in the future.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 30, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #3,914 of 4,467
Finally got my RMA, amazing turnaround and service, thanks! However the sidetone issue persisted on my new unit, maybe it just picks interference in my apartment? I updated the firmware but I still hear the crackling, but now the sidetone volume is really low. For me I guess I'll keep on not using it, but for people that didn't mind (or didn't have the crackling) I think the low volume is going to be really annoying.
Edit: Nevermind, I was able to boost the volume, and at it's highest point it's got less noise for sure, although I still hear it.
Edit2: Sidetone noise is still extremely annoying, it's better, but just marginally.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #3,915 of 4,467
Finally got my RMA, amazing turnaround and service, thanks! However the sidetone issue persisted on my new unit, maybe it just picks interference in my apartment? I updated the firmware but I still hear the crackling, but now the sidetone volume is really low. For me I guess I'll keep on not using it, but for people that didn't mind (or didn't have the crackling) I think the low volume is going to be really annoying.
Edit: Nevermind, I was able to boost the volume, and at it's highest point it's got less noise for sure, although I still hear it.

The side tone volume is overall lower, I nornally used 60% so the white noise is kot that distracting, now I cant hear my self very well at 60% so I upped it to something like 84%.

I think they just limited the sidetone volume as a bandaid fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back