Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Aug 29, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #3,886 of 4,467
Yes, a new patch is coming very soon. There are a few more changes we're looking into before releasing.

Once it releases, patch notes will be provided.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #3,888 of 4,467
Is it Possibly to implementation simultaneous dongle and BT audio?
Here is the answer we have provided on our Maxwell FAQ page: Here

Will Maxwell have simultaneous dongle/BT playback. Say listening to music on BT while playing a game on dongle mode?

Simultaneous dongle and Bluetooth playback is not possible with the Maxwell chipset, however, USB wired + BT and Aux + BT do have simultaneous playback. If you need to use two audio devices at the same time, please use one of those configurations.

Maxwell will switch between dongle and BT seamlessly via a multipoint Bluetooth connection, however, it will not play back both sources simultaneously. For instance, if you are playing with USB dongle mode and a call comes in, you will be able to answer the call with Maxwell. Once the call is over, you will automatically switch back to USB dongle mode.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 29, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #3,890 of 4,467
I haven't been using my maxwell as much lately as I have been struggling with the comfort and weight distribution. The strap size that would have been preferred is between the last 2 notch sizes.

I ordered a set of Dekoni nuggets and wow what a difference it made for me. Have been wearing it for more then 3 hours no problem. I had to adjust the headband to the largest notch size and now with the nuggets the weight is better distributed and I don't find myself in between sizes anymore. Maxwell back to being my main over ear headphones :)

Aug 29, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #3,891 of 4,467

1693341891282.png

Maxwell Firmware Update V51 & Audeze HQ Update V80​

Today we have a firmware update for Maxwell available through an updated Audeze HQ app, with feature updates and bug fixes to improve your experience.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must upgrade to the latest Version 80 of Audeze HQ before you install this firmware update. Be aware that this firmware release requires you to re-pair the wireless dongle to your headset after installation. Read our support article on how to re-pair here. Please email us at support@audeze.com if you have any questions.

Both the headset and dongle must be updated to V51. One at a time. Meaning that the headset must be connected via a USB cable to update to V51, then disconnecting the headset, connecting the dongle, and updating that to V51. They are two separate updates, and both must be done. And again, HQ MUST be on v80.

After updating HQ and the headset + dongle, we also recommend restarting your computer before proceeding with the pairing process on HQ.

Download the latest version of Audeze HQ for Windows or MacOS

Maxwell Version 51 - Full Update Notes

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 29, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #3,893 of 4,467
Here is the answer we have provided on our Maxwell FAQ page: Here

Will Maxwell have simultaneous dongle/BT playback. Say listening to music on BT while playing a game on dongle mode?

Simultaneous dongle and Bluetooth playback is not possible with the Maxwell chipset, however, USB wired + BT and Aux + BT do have simultaneous playback. If you need to use two audio devices at the same time, please use one of those configurations.

Maxwell will switch between dongle and BT seamlessly via a multipoint Bluetooth connection, however, it will not play back both sources simultaneously. For instance, if you are playing with USB dongle mode and a call comes in, you will be able to answer the call with Maxwell. Once the call is over, you will automatically switch back to USB dongle mode.

Well, so perhaps would be possible to easily switch between dongle and bluetooth?

What I mean is that gamers (I hope not only me) like to switch to YouTube or Spotify (on phone) between gaming sessions. For example waiting for a new gameplay in a lobby I like to play something from the phone. I don't need to be connected through the dongle with the console then.

I hope you know what I mean. If this is possible with a phone call - which cuts dongle connection - maybe it would po possible with the other audio from a phone?

Ps. I'd like to see this feature on xbox :)

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #3,894 of 4,467
Well, so perhaps would be possible to easly switch between dongle end bluetooth?

What I mean is that games (I Hooe not only me) likes to switch to YouTube or Spotify (on phone) between gaming sessions. For example waiting for a new gameplay in a lobby I like to play something from the phone. I don't need to be connected through the dongle with the console then.

I hope you know what I mean. If this is possible with a phone call - which cuts dongle connection - maybe it would po possible with the other audio from a phone?
This does happen on PC, but on PS5 you are out of luck.

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #3,899 of 4,467
I haven't been using my maxwell as much lately as I have been struggling with the comfort and weight distribution. The strap size that would have been preferred is between the last 2 notch sizes.

I ordered a set of Dekoni nuggets and wow what a difference it made for me. Have been wearing it for more then 3 hours no problem. I had to adjust the headband to the largest notch size and now with the nuggets the weight is better distributed and I don't find myself in between sizes anymore. Maxwell back to being my main over ear headphones :)

I have the same problem, can you share a photo of how you arranged the nuggets to maximize comfort?

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #3,900 of 4,467
@Audeze

I was wondering if you could answer a question I have regarding the Maxwell's weight. The Penrose was about 320g with Planar but in a plastic body. I have the Focal Bathys as well that I know aren't Planar, but it does have build quality that isn't all plastic either, in a relatively lighter body than the Maxwells at 350g. Would it have been possible to have made the Maxwells with similar build material in a lighter body as well? Or did it strictly need to be 490g for some other reason?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back