Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 7, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #2,162 of 4,467
This would be some misleading marketing practices.

@Audeze, what say you?

I'm not sure it's misleading exactly, they're all accurate statements either way. They might just consider that more insider design knowledge. I could be wrong still, I don't know that they'll confirm or deny it either way.

Mar 7, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #2,163 of 4,467
Ya know I just realised it was something said direct to me in DM. My mistake. They are discussing it internally right now.
I thank you because I have been pending and I thought that I could have missed reading it.
We are then waiting for news from Audeze to see if they can solve the volume problem on ps5 with the dongle.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #2,164 of 4,467
I thank you because I have been pending and I thought that I could have missed reading it.
We are then waiting for news from Audeze to see if they can solve the volume problem on ps5 with the dongle.
Nail on the head mate its a waiting game now. There is a problem with it for sure I had a friend test the Penrose today it hit 112 DB the Maxwell is capable of this for sure.

Mar 7, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #2,166 of 4,467
In case anyone was wondering why I haven't replied in the past basically two weeks, I've been out since CanJam weekend, onto a personal vacation. I was not ignoring anyone. I can answer what I can, but many questions are things that will require you contacting support@audeze.com or have answers in official channels like our FAQ. I will try and update the FAQ for something more recent, but outside of this, we have to go off what we say there.

If we say things like, "it'll be a few weeks for things to ship to dealers", official statements is what I have to go by, so if we publicly say a few weeks, I will say a few weeks, etc.

Of course I'd love to say all this is easy and we can implement multiple firmwares to allow variable selections per user, but realistically, it's a lot more complicated than people think, and can introduce major issues.

Think of it this way, the lower wheel was chosen to control communications. So you got your game/chat balance, and your sidetone for the mic output. This keeps it simple for the majority of people to understand.
My reply with the meme was meant to be tongue in cheek, I know what an undertaking and endeavor the Maxwell has been for the tight knit team at Audeze and the product has only left the starting line. It was just wishful thinking on my part as a blissfully ignorant consumer who is still enjoying the heck out of his Maxwell and wishes his other cans would sound as nice lol. Looking forward to seeing the desktop app grow and the iOS app to come out later this year. Also, I am sure many of us as consumers appreciate you and others from Audeze taking the time to respond to posts, no matter who annoying it may seem haha. Cheers MLE, been a big fan of your gaming audio guide since I started using the site years ago!

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #2,167 of 4,467
Hi Everyone!

Just got mine earlier today! Found there are some tweaks needed for Windows.

For Outputs
  1. Go to Settings > System > Sound.
  2. Under Output, click on the arrow symbol ">" on the right of Game-Audeze Maxwell or Chat-Audeze Maxwell.
  3. Under Output Settings, change the Format from "24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)" to "24 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality)."
  4. Change the Audio Enhancements from "Device Default Effects" to "Off."
  5. Turn off Spatial Audio for regular usage.
  6. Repeat from Step 2 until both Game-Audeze Maxwell and Chat-Audeze Maxwell are properly configured.
For Input (Microphone)
  1. Go to Settings > System > Sound.
  2. Under Input, click on the arrow symbol ">" on the right of Chat-Audeze Maxwell.
  3. Under Input Settings, change the Audio Enhancements from "Device Default Effects" to "Off."

Audio Output.png

You will need to apply above settings to both USB Dongle and USB wired.

Forgive the noob question, is there any benefit to setting the settings to 24/96 when the source audio in most video games is 16/48? I know in the case of certain FPS shooters on PC, bumping up the resolution (like BF5) can induce stuttering but that might just be an isolated case. I had initially set it to 16/48 and will try 24/96 and see how it fares in games and movies! From the UI in your screenshot it looks like Windows 11 but I think the settings should apply to windows 10 right? I refuse to upgrade to Windows 11 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back