Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jan 12, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #481 of 4,466
Penrose X works fine with PS5, no volume limitation. But the microphone in the headset didn't work, maybe I had to press and hold the microphone volume wheel to adjust, I didn't try.
They did state though there would be issues with the Xbox version with maximum volume. So they claim. The reviews will show us if this is the case anyway.

Jan 12, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #482 of 4,466
I didn't try it with the Penrose But I know quite a few headsets have this issue with volume on the Ps5 with an xbox headset.
I didn’t notice any volume issues using the Penrose X on PS5. The volume steps were quite big though if I remember right.

Penrose X works fine with PS5, no volume limitation. But the microphone in the headset didn't work, maybe I had to press and hold the microphone volume wheel to adjust, I didn't try.
Microphone always worked fine for me using in this way.

The volume was always plenty loud on the Penrose X. It’s the distortion comment I’m a little concerned about

Jan 12, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #484 of 4,466
Is it also adjustable via pinching as on xbox? What a blessing that Audeze heard and corrected this miscalculation in the ergonomics of the device.
Do you mean game/chat mix? On xbox with the Penrose X you could adjust it by pressing the dial in but tbh it worked so badly it was one of the big reasons I sold the set. And yes, very glad they decided to make this aspect more user friendly this time around. I’m pretty sure with PlayStation it is only Sony headphones that allow adjustments to the mix via headphones so I don’t expect this function to work with the Maxwell either

Jan 12, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #485 of 4,466
Hi Everyone,

Please refer to the Audeze Maxwell FAQs.

Will the Xbox Maxwell work with PlayStation (or vice versa)?

Either version is universally compatible using the 3.5mm connection. In low-latency wireless mode or via USB, due to differing hardware, firmware, and licensing requirements, the PS version will not work on Xbox. While the Xbox version will output sound on PS, there may be some difference in the volume control range of operation and other possible loss of functionality.

Jan 13, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #486 of 4,466
Hi Everyone,

Please refer to the Audeze Maxwell FAQs.

Will the Xbox Maxwell work with PlayStation (or vice versa)?

Either version is universally compatible using the 3.5mm connection. In low-latency wireless mode or via USB, due to differing hardware, firmware, and licensing requirements, the PS version will not work on Xbox. While the Xbox version will output sound on PS, there may be some difference in the volume control range of operation and other possible loss of functionality.
Hi,
Yeah I did read this and other comments made by Audeze but I find it all a bit vague. I’d like to know what the difference is in volume control not just that there is some. And possible loss of functionality, could they not tell us what these losses are?
Don’t get me wrong I’m really excited for these to release. Just wish we could get some more concrete details is all

Jan 13, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #487 of 4,466
Audeze UK distributor website now states Shipping expected in Q1. Stay tuned for shipping updates

Previously (until yesterday) it said 'shipping in early January'

Hoping that's just to manage expectations for the Xbox version and not an indication that all orders will be later than Jan?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #488 of 4,466
Audeze UK distributor website now states Shipping expected in Q1. Stay tuned for shipping updates

Previously (until yesterday) it said 'shipping in early January'

Hoping that's just to manage expectations for the Xbox version and not an indication that all orders will be later than Jan?
https://www.proshop.se/Hoerlurar-Headset/Audeze-Maxwell-xBox/3131427 Proshop again says 2-3 days and in stock at their supplier down from "ordered - expected in stock 25/1". But I guess its an error again.

Jan 13, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #490 of 4,466
https://www.proshop.se/Hoerlurar-Headset/Audeze-Maxwell-xBox/3131427 Proshop again says 2-3 days and in stock at their supplier down from "ordered - expected in stock 25/1". But I guess its an error again.
Yea - seems some of these dates are just plain hope rather than fact!

Contacted Scan in the UK as they are showing the PS5 version of the headset being due on the 15th Jan. They told me the date they show is the one provided by the supplier/manufacturer.

In that case then there is zero chance of that date being accurate - I'm starting to think early Feb for the initial batch of PS5 versions here in the UK and if you're unlucky with the first batch - it'll be April :frowning2:

I mean how you expect them to know when they will get stock. Audeze has clearly said that people who ordered from site will get headsets around the same time distributors
Some retailers it seems are given expected dates by the supplier but you're right, retailers are just as in the dark as us - if Audeze aren't yet sure when they will ship, they can only provide the same vague information to the retail chain?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #491 of 4,466
Guys I think we will get information about shipment here first as Audeze representatives are active on the forum. They said first batch end of January, while it's not even middle of it. Shipment definitely wont happen sooner, so let's wait till the end of a month and wish for some spicy details from Audeze along the way. Don't get me wrong I'm super hyped and cant wait to see, touch and hear them!

Jan 13, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #492 of 4,466
Some retailers it seems are given expected dates by the supplier but you're right, retailers are just as in the dark as us - if Audeze aren't yet sure when they will ship, they can only provide the same vague information to the retail chain?
Yeah expect the headset to be delivered like 3-5 days after people who ordered directly from the site, because they will get the headset the same time as people who ordered directly from site

Jan 13, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #493 of 4,466
Yeah expect the headset to be delivered like 3-5 days after people who ordered directly from the site, because they will get the headset the same time as people who ordered directly from site
Yeah - agree - retailers won't get them any earlier so until we hear direct orders have left Audeze, any dates on international retailer sites are irrelevant (and likely completely bogus!)

Jan 13, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #494 of 4,466
Yea - seems some of these dates are just plain hope rather than fact!

Contacted Scan in the UK as they are showing the PS5 version of the headset being due on the 15th Jan. They told me the date they show is the one provided by the supplier/manufacturer.

In that case then there is zero chance of that date being accurate - I'm starting to think early Feb for the initial batch of PS5 versions here in the UK and if you're unlucky with the first batch - it'll be April :frowning2:
Yea scan made an error with me I bought it from when they put the PlayStation one on too early and for less money I got it for £299. Then the day after they took it down and it appeared a week later at £319.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back