Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Aug 18, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #5,011 of 5,780
I don't have the pop filter, the head set came without it and I don't know where to get one? Couldn't find it on the Audeze home page.
If you ask audeze support they should just send you one.

Aug 18, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #5,012 of 5,780
Definitely debating grabbing one of these for gaming and just using an equalizer to fix the treble region. Are the Penrose going to be the same? I believe they're the same drivers.

It's either those or the Sundaras.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #5,013 of 5,780
I don't have the pop filter, the head set came without it and I don't know where to get one? Couldn't find it on the Audeze home page.
We started adding it in production after the initial shipments. If you email Audeze support, we will just ship one to you.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 18, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #5,014 of 5,780
One of my kids used it to call me today. Sounded very crisp and clear to me. They have pop shields. They’ve been doing the usual teenage shouting loudly at their friend in games and I have heard no complaints about the mic.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #5,016 of 5,780
Does any of you owners play Fortnite? The driving cars update is driving me nuts, whenever anybody is driving a vehicle anywhere within a couple 100ft the engine noise complete drowns out any other sounds. Extremely annoying and I don't know how to lower it? Use different sound profile?
Just tested my Arctis again and the engine noise is way less protrusive..

Aug 25, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #5,018 of 5,780
Does any of you owners play Fortnite? The driving cars update is driving me nuts, whenever anybody is driving a vehicle anywhere within a couple 100ft the engine noise complete drowns out any other sounds. Extremely annoying and I don't know how to lower it? Use different sound profile?
Just tested my Arctis again and the engine noise is way less protrusive..
I have no idea what's going on in Fortnite - but I know what you mean. EG sometimes bullets sound really sharp and harsh with FPSs. The trick is to switch your sound profile around. I'd try "Warm" first.

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #5,019 of 5,780
I have no idea what's going on in Fortnite - but I know what you mean. EG sometimes bullets sound really sharp and harsh with FPSs. The trick is to switch your sound profile around. I'd try "Warm" first.

Ok cheers, will give it a go. Generally the sound is very different compared to the Arctis; voice chat for example is really loud, had to lower that specific sound volume by more than half. Vehicles and such also, but there's no separate volume control for that ☹️
I've been using footsteps but will give warm a go 👍

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #5,020 of 5,780
Ok cheers, will give it a go. Generally the sound is very different compared to the Arctis; voice chat for example is really loud, had to lower that specific sound volume by more than half. Vehicles and such also, but there's no separate volume control for that ☹
I've been using footsteps but will give warm a go 👍
Yeah, from my experience footsteps is quite sharp - it works well for footsteps, but gets very annoying for certain sounds.
BTW I'd try other sound profiles if warm doesn't work well/is unsatisfactory.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #5,021 of 5,780
I just got the Audeze Mobius, but I did not now that you should not plug them into an dac/amp and was stupid enough to plug them into my Sennheiser GSX 1000 via aux.

The headset was way too quiet so I turned the GSX to 100 volume (normally set to around 20-40 for my Fidelio X2) and also had to use the volume slider on the headset itself. A few minutes later I just upped the volume on the headset itself a lot more and turned the GSX volume down to around 40. I listened to music through the GSX with the Mobius for 15 minutes, while switching to my old headphones (also then plugged into the GSX) from song to song, to see which headphones I like more. The GSX itself was set to HD Stereo.

Now I'm wondering, how can I make sure that I did not damage the headset by doing that? Or is the GSX 1000 not powerful enough to damage them?

Also I am currently using them via the USB cable, but I am also wondering if it could cause loss of quality if I plug them into my ac powered Anker usb hub? The cable that came with it is way too short to plug it directly into the usb output of my mobo. Is there any recommendation for a longer usb c to usb c/a cable?

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #5,022 of 5,780
how can I make sure that I did not damage the headset by doing that? Or is the GSX 1000 not powerful enough to damage them?

Also I am currently using them via the USB cable, but I am also wondering if it could cause loss of quality if I plug them into my ac powered Anker usb hub? The cable that came with it is way too short to plug it directly into the usb output of my mobo. Is there any recommendation for a longer usb c to usb c/a cable?

If you didn't hear any distortion in the audio while amped you probably didn't damage them. I'm guessing damage would be audible. Just listen to audio on them at max, and past max (100 in windows isnt make, keep spinning the wheel) and listen for distortions.

Any usb C cable will work. But some might not supply enough power. That depends on your motherboard as well. If you need a long one, try a cable that's confirmed to work well with oculus quest, that way you know it can do power as well. Just avoid anything braided due to cable noise

Aug 27, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #5,023 of 5,780
I just got the Audeze Mobius, but I did not now that you should not plug them into an dac/amp and was stupid enough to plug them into my Sennheiser GSX 1000 via aux.

The headset was way too quiet so I turned the GSX to 100 volume (normally set to around 20-40 for my Fidelio X2) and also had to use the volume slider on the headset itself. A few minutes later I just upped the volume on the headset itself a lot more and turned the GSX volume down to around 40. I listened to music through the GSX with the Mobius for 15 minutes, while switching to my old headphones (also then plugged into the GSX) from song to song, to see which headphones I like more. The GSX itself was set to HD Stereo.

Now I'm wondering, how can I make sure that I did not damage the headset by doing that? Or is the GSX 1000 not powerful enough to damage them?

Ouch. I'm not an amp expert by any means, but you always had them at a listenable volume, right? If so, I don't think you would have damaged them... Besides, from what I know, the GSX 1000 isn't a very powerful amp specifically - so I think you're fine.

As for cables, the Mobius only requires USB 2.0. Just buy from a known brand, like Anker, or even Amazon Basics, and you should be fine. But avoid braided cables. You might as well get a USB 3.0 cable instead of 2.0, in case you ever want to use that cable for something other than the Mobius.

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #5,025 of 5,780
Ouch. I'm not an amp expert by any means, but you always had them at a listenable volume, right? If so, I don't think you would have damaged them... Besides, from what I know, the GSX 1000 isn't a very powerful amp specifically - so I think you're fine.

As for cables, the Mobius only requires USB 2.0. Just buy from a known brand, like Anker, or even Amazon Basics, and you should be fine. But avoid braided cables. You might as well get a USB 3.0 cable instead of 2.0, in case you ever want to use that cable for something other than the Mobius.

Yes, I only used them at a listenable volume. I was just worried from what I read here on their official site about using the Mobius with an Amp that is set to too much volume and my GSX 1000 was set to max, which only was set so high because I forgot that the headset also has an volume slider on the side and with 100 volume on the GSX I could barely hear anything coming out of the Mobius.

But I can definitely say that the GSX 1000 is just exactly as loud as the headphone jack on the front of my PC.

If you didn't hear any distortion in the audio while amped you probably didn't damage them. I'm guessing damage would be audible. Just listen to audio on them at max, and past max (100 in windows isnt make, keep spinning the wheel) and listen for distortions.

Any usb C cable will work. But some might not supply enough power. That depends on your motherboard as well. If you need a long one, try a cable that's confirmed to work well with oculus quest, that way you know it can do power as well. Just avoid anything braided due to cable noise

I did now try to raise the volume while listening to music but it's hard for me to tell if there are any distortions. I can just say that at a high volume they sound way harsher to my ears than my Fidelio X2's, but I also have hearing damage from chemotherapy which makes high noises unbearable to my ears, but maybe the Mobius are a lot more noticable in the highs than the X2. It's hard to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back