Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 12, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #2,446 of 5,780
Music EQ is somewhat inbetween, "Racing" too.
Remember, the curves do only show the differences of the EQ presets in relationship to the "Flat" preset.
Absolute values look much different, but don't make too much sense here as they largely depend on the coupler and compensation used.

I agree that the "Warm" preset sounds a bit muffled, but I think that was intended for all those who like that.
I cannot follow your concept that this sounds "Subwooferish", the enhancement goes way too much into the upper bass - lower midrange for this.
I would like to have a preset that is more "Subwooferish", which would mean boost only in the really low range 120 Hz and below.

Here is another comparative measurement showing the difference betweeen Mobius with "Music" EQ, to the EMU Teak (a better relative to the THX00), which looks astonishingly close, and in fact this is how it sounds.

By Subwooferish i was just refering to the fact the rise in FR continues all the way into the subbass. but yes it not true subwoofer sound because the rise starts around 1k which is midrange.

I am sticking with music for now though. Thanks

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #2,447 of 5,780
I am sooo torn on getting these. I want some Planar Headphones but cant decide if it's worth getting these over something like a HIFIMAN offering 400i, 400s, 560... I am still having a hard time buying into the DSP on these...

Can anyone compare the surround sound effect on these VS. like a set of different Planars with Dolby Atmos add on? or even the Sonic for Headphones add on?

I currently have Audio Technica 700x open back with Fiio 10k with a Bravo Audio for a bit of tube. I am fairly happy with these sound, but it does lack bass. Decisions Decisions. Most my use will be on PC for gaming and movies, and then the occasion ipad movie in bluetooth mode and maybe some music from time to time on Android.

Anyone with these got any advice at all for me? Worth the upgrade? Thanks fellas.

I own the HE400i as well as Mobius. If your main uses are PC for gaming and movies, and then bluetooth, the Mobius is a no-brainer. Honestly, they're fantastic and the ways you want to use them are exactly where they excel. They trounce the 400i (as they should, considering the price difference) in every area.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #2,449 of 5,780
Awesome, they only advertised it as working via 3.5mm. I’ve been using Mobius on PS4 and it works really well too. Volume varies widely by game but it’s sufficient with all the games I’ve tested. (Make sure to use maximum dynamic range with Spider-Man and not the headphone setting.) I’ve found I prefer using Ballistics with games but am looking forward to trying the Warm preset as well.

So Mobius does work well with all modern consoles. I don’t even need to charge it anymore since I’m using USB when I play games. Nice for Audeze.
How is better to use it on Ps4? Connected to dualshock? Does it will work Great on Ps3 and Ps4? (Like connected on the tv?)

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #2,450 of 5,780
Awesome, they only advertised it as working via 3.5mm. I’ve been using Mobius on PS4 and it works really well too. Volume varies widely by game but it’s sufficient with all the games I’ve tested. (Make sure to use maximum dynamic range with Spider-Man and not the headphone setting.) I’ve found I prefer using Ballistics with games but am looking forward to trying the Warm preset as well.

So Mobius does work well with all modern consoles. I don’t even need to charge it anymore since I’m using USB when I play games. Nice for Audeze.

I agree very much with both of those sentiments! Despite the Mobius only receiving 2 channel stereo from the PS4, you definitely want to send it full range audio. And yeah, Ballistics is my go-to preset most of the time. I feel it adds a nice bump to the low-end without getting in the way of the mids and highs. I've used Warm a few times since receiving my replacement pair, and I'm in the camp that feels it's a bit too congested sounding, even after turning it up louder as some people have suggested.

Dec 13, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #2,451 of 5,780
How is better to use it on Ps4? Connected to dualshock? Does it will work Great on Ps3 and Ps4? (Like connected on the tv?)

You can connect it via USB to PS4 and set Mobius to two-channel mode. Sounds a lot better than going through the DualShock 3.5mm.

Dec 13, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #2,452 of 5,780
You can connect it via USB to PS4 and set Mobius to two-channel mode. Sounds a lot better than going through the DualShock 3.5mm.
Oh nice! Because i Read it won't work on Ps4 Before, only microfone... Maybe they patched ^^

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #2,453 of 5,780
I got my pair on friday and I have been pleased with them. Perhaps not quite the upgrade I hoped for from my ATH-MRS7s, but great pair non the less.
I have had some minor problems with the electronics but all of them have been corrected by just restarting the headphones.
Couple questions / remarks though:
- When in USB-mode and receiving a call on my cellphone, I could speak to the person calling me (via bt), but the quality was beyond horrible and the caller didn't hear me and simultaneously I could hear the game sounds at really low volume. Is this supposed to work somehow (answering calls on BT during USB-gaming)?
I mean simultaneous BT+USB, because it kind of almost worked, but it didn't. As soon as I unplugged the USB the BT sound quality got good and the caller could hear me well.
- When I turn on the headphones it immediately pair with my phone and my phone says that there is only 10% battery left (every time). The Audeze program reports 98% battery level. I know the Audeze program batterylevel indication will be fixed in next release, but should my phone (galaxy S7) report that 10% battery level? It seems weird.

- The mic is a bit quiet in windows but my friends on discord say that they can hear me well. The sidetone is almost neglible IMO.

- There is definitely some noise floor, but it is nowhere near annoying. I forget about it as soon as I start listening something, but in a quiet room it is there. I can't say that I have even thought about it when listening to any kind of music.

I have 2 Mobius headsets and they are too both reported at 10% battery level through BT connection (Galaxy Note 8). I'm trying to find out its true battery life. Do you mind tell me program are you talking about?
Audeze HQ application? is there a mac version of this? Thanks in advance.

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #2,454 of 5,780
I have 2 Mobius headsets and they are too both reported at 10% battery level through BT connection (Galaxy Note 8). I'm trying to find out its true battery life. Do you mind tell me program are you talking about?
Audeze HQ application? is there a mac version of this? Thanks in advance.

https://www.audeze.com/audeze-hq-application

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #2,455 of 5,780
I’m thinking about grabbing a Sine with Cipher again to bring my Audeze collection to a total of three headphones. While I love the sound of Mobius, from memory the sound of the Sine was even more resolving and provides a great bass thump. It’s like the Solo3 with better build, more defined bass, and really detailed mids. Listening with Tidal is a joy, but I think with compressed music the Mobius and Sine are similarly matched. There is something unique about the sound signature of the Sine with Cipher.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #2,456 of 5,780
I’m thinking about grabbing a Sine with Cipher again to bring my Audeze collection to a total of three headphones. While I love the sound of Mobius, from memory the sound of the Sine was even more resolving and provides a great bass thump. It’s like the Solo3 with better build, more defined bass, and really detailed mids. Listening with Tidal is a joy, but I think with compressed music the Mobius and Sine are similarly matched. There is something unique about the sound signature of the Sine with Cipher.

Sine with cipher is very nice but I found volume to be lacking so I sold mine. No such issues with mobius.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #2,457 of 5,780
Sine with cipher is very nice but I found volume to be lacking so I sold mine. No such issues with mobius.

Interesting you say that as I found it to start becoming fatiguing at around 75% and plenty loud enough, but a lot of people have different ideas about loudness. I’m in a unique camp since I think an on-ear form factor provides sound characteristics different from over-ear that may be desirable in some cases.

Assuming Apple gets rid of Lightning in a year or two, I assume I could use the Reveal app to get the same sound signature?

I’m a big fan of the Audeze BMW Designworks products so I don’t mind collecting as many as I can. (My beloved silver i3 was also designed by BMW Designworks, so the EL-8 Titanium reminds me of it.)

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #2,458 of 5,780
From memory the Sine with Cipher sound signature is almost perfect. I regretted that I sold it immediately after I tried the EL-8 Titanium and became wowed by the EL-8 on first impression since I found over more time I preferred the sound signature of the Sine with Cipher but assumed I wouldn’t use both headphones as they served the same purpose. (The Sine being preferred over the EL-8 is the general consensus I see online.) For whatever reason the EL-8 becomes fatiguing quickly even if it’s an absolutely gorgeous headphone made like a fine watch. Probably because it’s so resolving that the treble push is a bit too much for me. I don’t have that issue with Mobius though.

Curious to try the Sine again to compare it directly to Mobius to see if there’s room for both headphones in my collection.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #2,459 of 5,780
Curious to try the Sine again to compare it directly to Mobius to see if there’s room for both headphones in my collection.

I hope the Audeze wizards can come up with a cipher replacement that works across devices. Sine at the current price is a steal. Sounds like you’ve got the itch. Can’t go wrong. Will be interested in your comparisons. Sine is a work of art and definitely sounds great.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #2,460 of 5,780
I hope the Audeze wizards can come up with a cipher replacement that works across devices. Sine at the current price is a steal. Sounds like you’ve got the itch. Can’t go wrong. Will be interested in your comparisons. Sine is a work of art and definitely sounds great.

Funnily enough I was trying to source a new Sine right before Audeze announced Mobius. At this price I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to try the Sine again as I became quite fond of it and the build quality is phenomenal. I’ll make room in my collection...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back