Audeze MM-100
Sep 17, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #1,081 of 1,466
I pre-ordered these way back at original announcement, but later cancelled because I wanted to wait for reviews and impressions. Pretty bummed to see all the posts about issues.

I haven't seen much if any positive impressions, which has pretty much dulled my excitement for these. Was hoping these would shake the market up. I just need to see more reviews before I could take a shot.

Sep 17, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #1,083 of 1,466
It boggles my mind that these headphones have been in the wild for nearly two weeks yet I still haven't seen a frequency measurement or a review from a trusted Web-based or YouTube reviewer.

If it smells like fish, then something is fishy.

This probably just means they didn’t send out pre-release review units. When you see a bunch of reviews drop for a product right at release it’s usually because a bunch of embargoed reviews that were done ahead of time can be released. If reviewers get the headphone when everyone else does it takes time to turn around a review

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #1,084 of 1,466
Here's a YT review with some information - pro and con. Still haven't seen a MM-100 frequency response curve. Headphones.com have it for sale and they have the test equipment needed. Hope they'll get to it soon. In the comments section here you'll find more info on the different issues from the first production run:

This fellow mentions the MM-100 and has a few remarks after testing it at the last NAMM show - starting at around 20.00:

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #1,085 of 1,466
Here's a YT review with some information - pro and con. Still haven't seen a MM-100 frequency response curve. Headphones.com have it for sale and they have the test equipment needed. Hope they'll get to it soon. In the comments section here you'll find more info on the different issues from the first production run:

This fellow mentions the MM-100 and has a few remarks after testing it at the last NAMM show - starting at around 20.00:

Thanks, but I don't consider either of these guys to be reputable headphone reviewers. They're both more "tech influencers."

Still waiting for DMS, Resolve, Josh Valour, Passion for Sound, Currawong, the Honest Audiophile or guys like that to review.

Thanks.

Sep 17, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #1,086 of 1,466
I pre-ordered these way back at original announcement, but later cancelled because I wanted to wait for reviews and impressions. Pretty bummed to see all the posts about issues.

I haven't seen much if any positive impressions, which has pretty much dulled my excitement for these. Was hoping these would shake the market up. I just need to see more reviews before I could take a shot.

Personally I love mine way more than the sundaras - I'm just not good at reviewing :)

The reddit posters that got there's also like them. I've only seen 2 or 3 people that have gotten faulty ones so far.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #1,087 of 1,466
Personally I love mine way more than the sundaras - I'm just not good at reviewing :)

The reddit posters that got there's also like them. I've only seen 2 or 3 people that have gotten faulty ones so far.
Even when considering they are almost double the cost of an open box Sundara? I’m very interested in trying these as a Sundara replacement/upgrade for making music/mixing

Sep 17, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #1,088 of 1,466
Even when considering they are almost double the cost of an open box Sundara? I’m very interested in trying these as a Sundara replacement/upgrade for making music/mixing
I would never buy anything open box these days from Hifiman if it doesn't have full warranty so make sure you get it direct from hifiman or a qualified vendor w/ warranty. Hifiman doesn't do extended warranties now on open box and recently sold an entire batch of open box stealth's that had mold on them from what I've seen on reddit.

I've had the Sundara, Edition XS, & Ananda Stealth. Both the edition XS & Ananda stealth broke for different reasons in less than a year with hifiman sending me back the same Ananda as a replacement requiring a 3rd RMA. I sold off the Edition XS & Ananda Stealth after this but kept the Sundara.

Sundaras are actually built much better than the other two.

Soundwise the Edition XS/Ananda Stealth had a better soundstage than the MM-100, but I find myself enjoying the MM-100 much more than the sundara without EQ, and I feel that the bass quantity/quality of the MM-100 is better than all 3. I recently tested the Ananda Nano though and I would rank that above the MM-100 but I won't buy anything hifiman without an extended warranty these days so that increases the price. MM-100 is also more comfortable than all of them to me albeit being heavier.

I also have the K7XX & DT770 too

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #1,089 of 1,466
They sounded similar to the Sundara but the MM-100 sounded cleaner to my ears.

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #1,090 of 1,466
Sep 18, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #1,092 of 1,466
Thanks, but I don't consider either of these guys to be reputable headphone reviewers. They're both more "tech influencers."

Still waiting for DMS, Resolve, Josh Valour, Passion for Sound, Currawong, the Honest Audiophile or guys like that to review.

Thanks.
Yes, I know. But these are early days and we need this info now, before Audeze get ready to do their announced second production run in October. Any information on the shortcomings in the first batch of cans is welcome. Audeze seem unwilling to help with that for potential new customers.

Honest and experienced Audeze users will do in the meantime for me, especially pro audio folks. The MM series is designed with music production in mind after all, in collaboration with a top tier mixing and mastering engineer. The people you mention are fine but do not really have the needed music production background to do that.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #1,094 of 1,466
I would never buy anything open box these days from Hifiman if it doesn't have full warranty so make sure you get it direct from hifiman or a qualified vendor w/ warranty. Hifiman doesn't do extended warranties now on open box and recently sold an entire batch of open box stealth's that had mold on them from what I've seen on reddit.

I've had the Sundara, Edition XS, & Ananda Stealth. Both the edition XS & Ananda stealth broke for different reasons in less than a year with hifiman sending me back the same Ananda as a replacement requiring a 3rd RMA. I sold off the Edition XS & Ananda Stealth after this but kept the Sundara.

Sundaras are actually built much better than the other two.

Soundwise the Edition XS/Ananda Stealth had a better soundstage than the MM-100, but I find myself enjoying the MM-100 much more than the sundara without EQ, and I feel that the bass quantity/quality of the MM-100 is better than all 3. I recently tested the Ananda Nano though and I would rank that above the MM-100 but I won't buy anything hifiman without an extended warranty these days so that increases the price. MM-100 is also more comfortable than all of them to me albeit being heavier.

I also have the K7XX & DT770 too
What broke on your Ananda Stealth? I have a pair and am interested to see where the weakness is. If the MM100s provide the sound signature that I'm hoping for then I'll sell the Anandas. Also, have you heard the LCD1s and if so could you do a brief comparison? Something about the LCD1s really clicked for me.

Sep 18, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #1,095 of 1,466
Im staying away from hifiman aswell, without extended warranty seems like a gamble with build quality. In my case right side Sundara stopped working for no reason even after taking good care. So im interested in mm100 and awaiting more impressions.
Part of me dont want to buy another planar as they seems fragile than dynamic ones, but audeze 3y warranty is convincing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back