Audeze MM-100
Sep 7, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #901 of 1,466
For quite some time now, we have been debating pads: leather / synthetic and yet nobody from Audeze bothered to step in and clear this matter once and for all.

Very disappointing 👎

Sep 7, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #902 of 1,466
The Edition XS comparison is interesting.

I agree with the very good soundstage, timbre and touch of warmth of the XS. But the note weight of the XS is far thinner than my Audeze LCD-2C or LCD-X 2021, probably because I think the bass on both of those cans is better than the XS.

I like some meat on the bones of my music, so the reed-thin sound quality of some HiFiMan products -- such as the XS -- doesn't suit me as well even though they are excellent headphones for a lot of people.
Eh, if you aren't happy with Hifiman products the MM-100 is going to be a rude awakening for some.

Sep 7, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #905 of 1,466
My comment referred to the (almost) total absence of Audeze in this thread, in spite of many unanswered questions from potential customers.

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #908 of 1,466
My comment referred to the (almost) total absence of Audeze in this thread, in spite of many unanswered questions from potential customers.

I know we’re used to Audeze being pretty present here, but this isn’t their forum and this isn’t even a sponsor thread. Seems like if you want answers from Audeze, contacting them directly would be more useful than complaining about their absence here

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #909 of 1,466
I think they are busy addressing customer concerns directly and of course also I would imagine assembling more units for sale.

It strikes me as rational for them not to say anything except when to do so is likely to be enlightening and helpful.

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #910 of 1,466

it looks like the ear pads on the mm-100 have a different structure than the maxwells. Maybe it's real leather...

I hope Audeze will make a statement on this, because it's still not clear and we want to know what we're buying. Also, I have the leather cleaning kit from Audeze. If it's synthetic leather it can damage the ear pads.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #911 of 1,466
I know we’re used to Audeze being pretty present here, but this isn’t their forum and this isn’t even a sponsor thread. Seems like if you want answers from Audeze, contacting them directly would be more useful than complaining about their absence here

They are present enough, just do not seem to be bothered.

Not really complaining, just stating a fact. On the other hand, so much has been botched in this product launch, that crappy communication is indeed a minor issue.

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #912 of 1,466
They are present enough, just do not seem to be bothered.

Not really complaining, just stating a fact. On the other hand, so much has been botched in this product launch, that crappy communication is indeed a minor issue.
Frankly it is. People would be way less upset if Audeze wouldn't have made promise after promise of a shipping date that they didn't keep. And it's ridiculous that you have to do things like debate the pad material because Audeze is too lazy to actually provide that information themselves. Things happen, but time and time again it's companies with crap communication that really fall flat on their face.

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #913 of 1,466
Didn't all of audeze marketing show synthetic leather? That's what retailers were told to. What's the reason there's debate over it? They definitely feel synthetic to me on my head and sweaty but it was 95 degrees here yesterday and 80 in the house

Sep 7, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #914 of 1,466
For quite some time now, we have been debating pads: leather / synthetic and yet nobody from Audeze bothered to step in and clear this matter once and for all.

Very disappointing 👎
Call me a cynic (I consider myself a pragmatist!), but I think an Audeze rep would have dove into here like a cool pool on a 90-degree F day to tell us the pads were leather. The silence kind of answers the question.

I very much hope I'm wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back