AUDEZE LCD XC
Feb 6, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #1,892 of 4,165
Hmmm, didn't realize either that I too have one of those purple unicorns... I'm now wondering how the distribution was for the other woods (besides the now-default Bubinga)

I'm also a bit surprised & saddened that they never made more of these easy-to-replace cups available to their customers, it doesn't seem to be *that* hard, Fischer Audio for example has made quite a business out of offering dozens of wood cup options for their FA003 series over the years...

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #1,893 of 4,165
  Hmmm, didn't realize either that I too have one of those purple unicorns... I'm now wondering how the distribution was for the other woods (besides the now-default Bubinga)

I'm also a bit surprised & saddened that they never made more of these easy-to-replace cups available to their customers, it doesn't seem to be *that* hard, Fischer Audio  for example has made quite business out of offering dozens of wood cup options for their FA003 series over the years...

Yup, I certainly would have paid a few hundred more for cooler wood. (Heh, heh, I said "wood".)

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #1,895 of 4,165
No idea how sensitive people are. Probably fine in the distance of a cubicle. However, besides me in bed, my wife asked me to switch to IEMs due to the minimal leakage. (my IEMs have BA drivers; therefore, no bass port/leakage)

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #1,896 of 4,165
Been listening to my LCD-XC for about a month now in a quiet environment.

You do not want to use these in an office environment. They will be heard. In noisier environments, they are effectively inaudible at conferrable listening levels. When I was testing them in the store, I could not hear them when an employee tried them on.

I would rate them as acceptable in the leakage department. But certainly not "office acceptable".

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #1,897 of 4,165
Funny, I actually have been using them in an office and they really don't leak appreciably.  If I take them off and forget to have the pads together or forget to shut off the audio, some leaks, but unless someone is actually in the same chair as you... or you listen at ear bleed levels, they probably will do what you need.

I'd also say that in terms of isolation, the AD has considerably more.  personally, I actually like being able to hear when someone speaks to me at the office.  I take off my headphones and answer.  Rather than having them have to come over and tap me on the shoulder.

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #1,898 of 4,165
Been listening to my LCD-XC for about a month now in a quiet environment.

You do not want to use these in an office environment. They will be heard. In noisier environments, they are effectively inaudible at conferrable listening levels. When I was testing them in the store, I could not hear them when an employee tried them on.

I would rate them as acceptable in the leakage department. But certainly not "office acceptable".

Disagree completely. I use them in an office with no complaints. And I know I can't hear legible conversation from even a few feet away unless I remove them. It's all due to how it fits on your head. If you don't have a tight fit, you won't get isolation regardless of the headphones.

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #1,899 of 4,165
So two people think they are fine and two people say no. Any other closed cans to consider that would be better on the leakage front? Want something high end. I like the DT770 that I have been using, just bored with it.

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #1,900 of 4,165
So two people think they are fine and two people say no. Any other closed cans to consider that would be better on the leakage front? Want something high end. I like the DT770 that I have been using, just bored with it.

What about the new EL-8s? I might get a pair to replace my ESW9s for on-the-go listening.

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #1,901 of 4,165

I will vote "yes" although I don't use any HP's in a professional office setting.  However, I do use my XC in my home with grand kids screaming around the room.  They can't hear the music, and I can barely hear them.  A win-win.  I agree with Stereolab42 that you need a tight fit between the can and head.  Of course, it depends also on your listening level.

And, just IMHO, the sound of the XC will blow away the DT770.

Best -
RCBinTN

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #1,903 of 4,165
Guys,

I just ordered a LCD, and I still have the Week-end to decide on the type of earpads:  leather or micro-suede.  Which one you recommend ? 

(I really did not like confort (weight mainly) of the LCD, but...it sound sooooo good !)

thanks in advance for your advices.

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #1,904 of 4,165
I picked the leather only because I didn't want to wait for the store to order in the vegan pad version.

That was a mistake. I am not all that pleased with the leather. It is uneven on the sides giving a lower quality appearance. An I feel like the comfort would be higher with a less crushable materiel.

Also it seems most people who have tried the vegan pads, prefer them over the leather.

Does anyone know if I order the pads or have my leather exchanged for vegan pads through Audeze?

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #1,905 of 4,165
I picked the leather only because I didn't want to wait for the store to order in the vegan pad version.

That was a mistake. I am not all that pleased with the leather. It is uneven on the sides giving a lower quality appearance. An I feel like the comfort would be higher with a less crushable materiel.

Also it seems most people who have tried the vegan pads, prefer them over the leather.

Does anyone know if I order the pads or have my leather exchanged for vegan pads through Audeze?

Thanks for your comments. I will go for the Vegan pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back