Audeze LCD-X
Apr 24, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #9,901 of 12,748
I didn't see the pad sold at the website. The band is from a third party at eBay ? Thanks
Contact Audeze to get the pads, they are always available to current LCD owners.

I really like the carbon fiber headband but it's kind of pricy at $200. The new headband is $125 I believe both from Audeze. Some guys swear by the 3rd party headband but the CF is just too sexy.

Apr 24, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #9,902 of 12,748
Contact Audeze to get the pads, they are always available to current LCD owners.

I really like the carbon fiber headband but it's kind of pricy at $200. The new headband is $125 I believe both from Audeze. Some guys swear by the 3rd party headband but the CF is just too sexy.
Do you remember the nick at eBay for the band? Thanks

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #9,905 of 12,748
Apr 24, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #9,906 of 12,748
Yes, it's the @Lohb Strap on Ebay as stated above by phthora. It supplements the main head band and adds a level of extra support and comfort, for me at least. Took a couple of weeks for it to come from UK to US. Love mine!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #9,907 of 12,748
Yes, it's the Lohb Strap on Ebay as stated above by phthora. It supplements the main head band and adds a level of extra support and comfort, for me at least. Took a couple of weeks for it to come from UK to US. Love mine!
I've used the Lohb strap for at least 3 maybe 4 years. Comfortable and a lot cheaper than the CF replacement. If I recall, I got it straight from Lohb himself. He may be a Head-fi member. Why not stick an '@' sign in front of the name Lohb? He might show up.

Apr 28, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #9,908 of 12,748
Any suggesting for an amp around $400 or less (preferably) to run my LCD-X? I'm running a Fiio X7 dap/dac/amp with it, but feel it needs more to make it shine.

As an aside, I just got mine. The weight is crazy, but the new headband really helps mitigate this.

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #9,909 of 12,748
I know both of them don't have strong presence in the treble region, but which one has more treble presence the LCD-X or the hifiman edition x ?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #9,910 of 12,748
Any suggesting for an amp around $400 or less (preferably) to run my LCD-X? I'm running a Fiio X7 dap/dac/amp with it, but feel it needs more to make it shine.

As an aside, I just got mine. The weight is crazy, but the new headband really helps mitigate this.

I tried LCDX with A&K Ultima, although sound was nice but balance was warmer romantic so I could not recomend it as ending/ideal combination as well, as nice as DAPs sounds still depends on final synergy. So I will not help you but from experiences my advice is try search for system which will have good balance not warm not bright with LCDX and you will be happy.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #9,911 of 12,748

I have a Lyr 3 multibit and a Magni 3 (99.00) paired with a Modi 2 Uber. The Modi is connected to my sound card via optical. The Magni 3 comes close to the more expensive amp in overall SQ to my ears. Very clear and impactful with my LCDX. That's all I got, haven't had the opportunity to try any other amps yet. Tough to beat for the money for sure. I'm just not crazy about the Magni form factor. It looks puny on my desk. I wish Schiit would put it in a larger housing....

May 1, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #9,913 of 12,748
Personally I don't think anything sub-$500 can do justice for the X. Although almost everything can power it, you might want something extremely transparent and resolving to really push the X. Anything else will just gravitate towards warmth.

I primarily pair my X with an Auralic Taurus MK II, and I've heard the Cayin IHA-6 (which I have and use with the HD 650, just not the X yet) comes close in terms of performance. It's on sale right now for $700 ($300 off): https://shop.musicteck.com/products/cayin-iha6-fully-balanced-high-fidelity-headphone-amplifier.

May 1, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #9,914 of 12,748
Hello,

I am currently using the LCD-X with the OPPO-HA2-SE. I am looking for an amp/dac under 500 USD. I thought of Jotunheim with multibit dac card, the Ifi Micro IDSD Black label, and the Audeze Deckard. Does anyone have experience with any of these pairings? I have read somewhere that the Jot's power may be just a waste for the LCD-X because it is so efficient; thus, I was looking at Ifi; however, then I wondered if getting a desktop amp for a similar price is better because I already have a portable... Please help me! And thank you!

May 1, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #9,915 of 12,748
Hello,

I am currently using the LCD-X with the OPPO-HA2-SE. I am looking for an amp/dac under 500 USD. I thought of Jotunheim with multibit dac card, the Ifi Micro IDSD Black label, and the Audeze Deckard. Does anyone have experience with any of these pairings? I have read somewhere that the Jot's power may be just a waste for the LCD-X because it is so efficient; thus, I was looking at Ifi; however, then I wondered if getting a desktop amp for a similar price is better because I already have a portable... Please help me! And thank you!

I have the Black Label and sometimes pair it with my LCD-X. While the combo is not unpleasant, it definitely does not bring out the full potential of the X. The slight warmth, slight smoothed over sound of the DAC/amp doesn't fit the big strengths of the X: detail, imaging, and texture. The X also does not, IMO, need the iFi bass boost to sound full. I love the Black Label to death and you certainly wouldn't hate the X with it, but you can do better.

The Jot would be a better match-up for the amp, but the slapped on DACs I've heard it with have not impressed me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back